Sky Suite In-suite dining

CruiseToddler

Has anyone done this? Was is weird/creepy having someone serve you in the room? Was it just the typical room service menu or somehow related to the diningroom menu?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just haven't found anything on this in these forums- and you guys are always SO helpful!:)

We've done room service in a hotel where they offered table cloth service overlooking the view (Niagara Falls). We've done in-room dining for breakfast on our balcony on a cruise. Have not done room service for dinner on a cruise but I don't see how it would be any different than room service in a hotel. If you are in a suite the butler will serve you course by course. If not, I think each course would be brought at the same time. For dinner the menu would be the one from the MDR.

Mary Lou

It's lovely. The butler brings the MDR menu, you choose just like in the MDR, the butler sets a beautiful table ... outdoors weather permitting and you want it ... and serves you appetizer and then salad and then goes away and brings back your main course dessert and perhaps coffee. He pours your wine and inobtrusively takes all of it away.

What's creepy about that? It's a great and lovely perk of the cabin.

Fern

It's lovely. The butler brings the MDR menu, you choose just like in the MDR, the butler sets a beautiful table ... outdoors weather permitting and you want it ... and serves you appetizer and then salad and then goes away and brings back your main course dessert and perhaps coffee. He pours your wine and inobtrusively takes all of it away.

Fern

I agree. One night on our Equinox Transatlantic cruise this past spring the butler did a wonderful job serving us dinner "en suite" just as Fern has described above. It was a very nice change of pace for one evening and we enjoyed it very much.

Fern

I only wonder if its like having a violinist play at your table for dinner. Nice idea, and nice for a moment- but gets a little...something... ;)

Again, thanks for all input! I need all the help I can get!

It's really not creepy at all. As a matter of fact it was down right fun.

The food was excellent. When The War Department (a.k.a. Mrs. B.) started to put the warm chocolate sauce on........

Well never mind - this is a family oriented board after all.

Y'all have a great evening out there.

:eek::D:eek:

Very romantic.. bring a CD of your favorite tunes...

And you can drink all you want and not worry about drinking and walking back to your room....:cool:

You can be dressed comfortably as well..

If you bring your 2 bottles of wine aboard, you can drink them in your room with no uncorking fee as well.. So this kills 2 birds with one stone for those conscious of these things.. Just an idea. Giving you $50 to spend elsewhere or put towards the next cruise....

Archived