On the Elation

vfangue

This will be our first time cruising on the Elation out of Mobile. I was wondering if anyone has a preferred cabin #?

While we love a balcony:D, they are not available on this ship. Is an ocean view worth the cost?

Thanks for your opinion,

Veronica

On the Fantasy Class ships there is not a huge benefit to having the OV room unless you just enjoy being able to see out and have sun light. The OV rooms and the interior rooms are the exact same size and configuration.

On newer ships (Destiny class onward) the OV and Balcony rooms are bigger, and have a couch.

Sailed her out of San Diego for 5 days to Cabo in April. Had an amazing time, and an aft OV room which I LOVED. The window was large enough for me to sit in and watch the waves / wake (and I'm 6'3" 240lb). It was U241, almost dead center aft, but technically starboard side. There was engine / prop noise, but I'm a navy brat, and my friend who isn't, didn't have problem with it. In fact the noise / vibration was a good sleep aid lol.

I've sailed the Elation twice with my sister, and both times we had an OV and really liked it. Not a porthole, but a bigger window. Like another poster said, you can practically sit in it. I always like watching the waves, and having the light in the room. We are sailing on the Spirit in January and doing an inside cabin, first time I've ever done that and the only reason was the cost! The OV had gone up so much since I first started looking that I just couldn't justify the cost for a 5 day cruise.

Port holes are a good value. You get a lowest deck interior room price and can get on the Main, Upper, or Empress deck. We stayed in E1(very first room) in July. One good thing was the room had 2 AC vents and stayed nice and cool!! One bad thing was noises before and during docking. That did not bother us as we were up anyway and there was no issue with it during sea days.

Enjoy!

This will be our first time cruising on the Elation out of Mobile. I was wondering if anyone has a preferred cabin #?

While we love a balcony:D, they are not available on this ship. Is an ocean view worth the cost?

Thanks for your opinion,

Veronica

We were on the Elation in August and loved it!! We had booked inside, but an ocean view aft opened up a week or so before we left so we moved, it was less than what we had paid. E242 I loved the cabin!!!! I am uploading some pictures from the Elation now, they can be found in my signature tag.

Archived