I need advice!

kikiz

My husband & I are going on the Princess Star on the Eqypt and Aegean from Rome cruise. The one shore excursion that my hubby wants to do in Athens is going to be way to strenuous for me as I have some physical and medical problems. I was thinking of doing the Easy Athens tour which is a motorcoach drive and some shopping. Would it be safe for me to do this by myself? I am concerned about being alone in a shopping area. Has anyone done this cruise or have any advice for me?

Thanks so much.:confused:

Does your cruise have a roll call? If it does, I'd ask there and see if you could hook up with other roll call members who might be doing the same tour. This would alleviate your fears of being alone in the shopping areas.

Have A Great Cruise.....:):):)

Bob

I've not done the cruise to Athens, but I have visited on extended vacation, and I don't think it's very likely you would have any trouble in the shopping areas. Also, there are fun shopping areas around the Ancient Agora (marketplace), and you could still walk among some nice ruins there - while doing some good shopping. It's really quite safe, and the only trouble in Athens comes from the periodic protesting crowds - and these are generally well published and not in the well-visited parts of town (as almost all Greeks like the visitors).

The "EZ" tours are specifically designed for people who don't have as much mobility. My sister takes them all the time. She goes alone and has never had a problem. If she doesn't feel like walking through a shopping area, she stays on the bus. She has her knitting with her and she's fine with not shopping or wandering around. Often, others also stay on the bus. It's not unusual for this to be the case on EZ tours. The guides are aware and used to this so if you decide to do the tour on your own, you'll be fine.

I would feel very safe if the shopping area is the platka in daylight hours. I was there in November, a single Mom with a 16 year old daughter. We were on an excursion put together by our roll call. But we were walking around on our own and I felt just fine.

You can walk as far as you feel comfortable. Plus as another said, you'll also be with 50 or so of your friends from the ship. Strike up conversations with those on the bus with you.

Thanks everyone. I feel much better about doing this excursion alone.

I will check the roll calls also. I really appreciate everyone's help!:D

Remember, you really are not alone...You will be on a bus full of people! EM

Archived