Aboard the Whisper!

duct tape

Arrived yesterday and boarding went very well. Saw familiar faces quickly and enjoyed the warm reception! The ship looks very good after the refurb. The colors are similar to the Wind (and I hear the same as the Spirit) and I like it better than the Wind re-do. Although the colors are similar, it is not as oppressive and gloomy as the Wind. This is only my opinion! Being on the Cloud so much lately, the Whisper common spaces appear huge,l but it all works. We are currently rockin' & rollin' around Hudson Canyon in the Atlantic on our way to Bermuda. Captain Arma, Staff Capt Failla, HD Norman Rafelson, CD Susan Wood (don't know her), CC Selvaggia Rimoldi, m'aitre D Ali. The jury is still out on the band but the duo in the Panorama is terrific! Ate in the Terrace last evening and all of us enjoyed our meals immensely. DR tonight for the 1st Formal. The dress code thing has not been ironed out...we were told 2 Formal and it is 3. The BBQ is scheduled for the 21st and the dress code is Informal...I think they are working on it!

Wow duct tape! Did Susan Wood take over because the other guy blew it ; or is she just good? Hope you can tell us if she will be on for 12/3 from Valpo and can we look forward to her skills. Have a great cruise and DW and I are waiting on tenterhooks!:)

Arrived yesterday and boarding went very well. Saw familiar faces quickly and enjoyed the warm reception! The ship looks very good after the refurb. The colors are similar to the Wind (and I hear the same as the Spirit) and I like it better than the Wind re-do. Although the colors are similar, it is not as oppressive and gloomy as the Wind. This is only my opinion! Being on the Cloud so much lately, the Whisper common spaces appear huge,l but it all works. We are currently rockin' & rollin' around Hudson Canyon in the Atlantic on our way to Bermuda. Captain Arma, Staff Capt Failla, HD Norman Rafelson, CD Susan Wood (don't know her), CC Selvaggia Rimoldi, m'aitre D Ali. The jury is still out on the band but the duo in the Panorama is terrific! Ate in the Terrace last evening and all of us enjoyed our meals immensely. DR tonight for the 1st Formal. The dress code thing has not been ironed out...we were told 2 Formal and it is 3. The BBQ is scheduled for the 21st and the dress code is Informal...I think they are working on it!

Have fun duct tape. Hope the trivia works out ok, and glad that you no longer have to experience 'the Don'.

Its the singers & dancers last cruise of their 12+ months contract, so please wish them all a happy journey home.

Yes, the singers appear ready to go home. Would have posted sooner but internet is VERY slow! Not helpful person in the room. We were Hot Rock virgins tonight and it was terrific...not sure I would want to do it in very hot climes. Excellent product. Food is generally excellent. Really like the furnishings in the suites. The dress code will be adjusted. There are 3 infants and a few small children on board. Not my idea of a good time. Lots of folks think they are adorable. Oh well. Susan is an interesting CD, haven't quite figured her out. She has an agenda and if you are not on it, get out of the way. I think she has spent much time on big ships. Will decide later. The Whisper karma appears calm at this time. Will ask about the WC. Later.

Thanx! We are at sea on our way to San Juan in 2 days. Glorious weather. The pool area is already full and folks are staking out their territory. There are now lots of smaller tables around the pool and they are comfortable. The new awning between the grill and the bar makes a pleasant shade retreat area. Lots of activites, as usual, I am off to cooking demo by the Terrazza chef. He is doing just fine! Susan, CD, has another one of her games (movie sound bites) scheduled for this afternoon. Will give it a try after the new one last night. At least we made people laugh. I think we may be overscheduled. Enjoy!

Looking forward to being back on Whisper in March. I look forward to Spirit in November, too, but I miss things like the cooking demos. They didn't have them on Spirit maiden, and Helmot (F&B Director) had told us they were not going to. It is such a small thing, but that is one of the things to which I really look forward.

Yes, the singers appear ready to go home. Would have posted sooner but internet is VERY slow! Not helpful person in the room. We were Hot Rock virgins tonight and it was terrific...not sure I would want to do it in very hot climes. Excellent product. Food is generally excellent. Really like the furnishings in the suites. The dress code will be adjusted. There are 3 infants and a few small children on board. Not my idea of a good time. Lots of folks think they are adorable. Oh well. Susan is an interesting CD, haven't quite figured her out. She has an agenda and if you are not on it, get out of the way. I think she has spent much time on big ships. Will decide later. The Whisper karma appears calm at this time. Will ask about the WC. Later.

Thanks for finding the time and patience to post. Any update on what happened to 'the Don', was he just a temporary stand-in. We also thoroughly enjoyed the Rocks when we were on. Agree, great for cool or warm weather only.

duct tape

Thank you for the update on whisper, crew and very importantly the weather. We making the final additions to our cases for departure on Thursday from a wet and cold Ireland.

Ps Is Oliver still in the main bar? If so tell he to have the Bellini's ready:)

Regards

John & Joy

Interesting posts duct tape! New games?? Any way is Susan doing 4034 Valpo to BA and I can't read if I should be happy? Even though there's nothing we can do we're hoping for an assessment from someone as experienced as you are.

Enjoy your last few days!!:)

The Oliver (head bartender from Shadow?) He is F and B manager now. Big promotion and well deserved! But I think there may be "another" Oliver onboard Whisper. Not sure.

Duct tape: continue to have a wonderful time!!!! Thanks for the updates!:rolleyes:

JGibbs, they were not serving hot appetizers in the main bar, and he said they were not allowed, and they did not do the Viking kitchen and possibly no room for cooking demo on that stage. I don't know, if they can do production shows, they should be able to. Several things they were not doing did not make sense, but most of them (except golf putting where equipment had not yet arrived) were not due to the maiden.

Craig might know more about this topic.

Duct Tape, I hope you are continuing to enjoy your cruise. I look forward to hearing more about it.

Sorry for the silence but this internet set-up is driving me crazy! The trip has been good and the weather very pleasant. We skipped St Barth's today due to recent torrential rains and massive mud slides around the island and lots of closed roads. We went to St Martin instead, Marigot Bay, French side. It was a pleasant diversion. Small seaside village with lots of shops, a relatively new Mall that looks like it is a sinking ship, street cafes and restaurants. Had a very nice salad with goat cheese and local tomatoes and lobster, fresh from the sea. As I said, the pool area has been busy. We have lots of 1st timers and they are having such a good time they don't leave the ship! The pool has been retiled in blue (?) and the edges softened. There are new loungers that sit higher than the old ones so older joints can get up and down easier. As with the new casual seating arrangements, all the cushions are SB brown too and not my palettte. Others like them, personal taste. The BBQ is this evening and, as usual, the crew is out there busting their butts to make sure eveyone has a good evening. I am off to the Pool Bar to supervise!

Duct tape......

Glad you are enjoying the Whisper.....we met at dinner with Karl on the Wind a couple of years ago. We have 6 friends from Blackpool who are '1st Timers' on Silversea so am hoping they are part of the group having such a good time.

Look forward to your next posts

Chris and Sheila

Greetings, blackpool! Nice to hear from you. Carl is well and currently at home. We saw him recently on the Cloud. I finally remembered to find out answers about the crew members mentioned in a few posts here. According to some crew, The Don, is a nice guy and will probably be back. That may also be the answer of the day, but who knows?! Susan boarded with us so she will be here for 4 months...I guess that means until Feb. for those of you who have cruises booked. She is quite professional and does a very nice job but no one I have encountered has spent any time with her when she is not CDing. Oliver (Big O to us), the bartender, is on vacation. Our paths crossed as we boarded and he left. There is another Oliver who is F&B on another ship. Both lovely men. We are in Antigua today, suuny and hot. We are parked next to BIG Princess ship with Steel Band greeters on the pier. Wake up call. Some quick shopping...a shop named A Thousand Flowers...that has terrific linen and cotton clothes. Off to the pool before it becomes standing room only and the ice cream melts!

A beautiful day in Bequia. Too bad we have to pack! I finally caught up with "billp1" at the Pool Bar the other day and spotted "scapel" last evening at the Captain's Farewell! Funny it took so long! Off tomorow and then the dreaded AA flight to Miami! Enjoy cruising everyone!

Greetings, blackpool! Nice to hear from you. Carl is well and currently at home. We saw him recently on the Cloud. I finally remembered to find out answers about the crew members mentioned in a few posts here. According to some crew, The Don, is a nice guy and will probably be back. That may also be the answer of the day, but who knows?! Susan boarded with us so she will be here for 4 months...I guess that means until Feb. for those of you who have cruises booked. She is quite professional and does a very nice job but no one I have encountered has spent any time with her when she is not CDing. Oliver (Big O to us), the bartender, is on vacation. Our paths crossed as we boarded and he left. There is another Oliver who is F&B on another ship. Both lovely men. We are in Antigua today, suuny and hot. We are parked next to BIG Princess ship with Steel Band greeters on the pier. Wake up call. Some quick shopping...a shop named A Thousand Flowers...that has terrific linen and cotton clothes. Off to the pool before it becomes standing room only and the ice cream melts!

Thanks for the update duct tape. Have a safe journey home.

Duct tape......

Glad you are enjoying the Whisper.....we met at dinner with Karl on the Wind a couple of years ago. We have 6 friends from Blackpool who are '1st Timers' on Silversea so am hoping they are part of the group having such a good time.

Look forward to your next posts

Chris and Sheila

Hello Chris & Sheila,

Vance arranged a dinner with Alf & Berry, Joe & Perle, and Huey and Dorothy (I think that was her name). We had a nice Blackpool table for 10 and it was an enjoyable evening. That may have been the night for hot rocks. Not sure, but we missed the hot rocks. We got the Galley Brunch, and the Pool Barbecue which were magnificent. The shrimp were outstanding.

Didn't much care for the le Champagne dinner. It was a fixed menu and there was no choice. I didn't care for any of the wine on board, but the real drinks were great. I like more of a sweet wine and all the ones we had were too dry. I must be a cheap wine drinker.

The service was outstanding. The only reason I would sail Celebrity would be the 270 deg view verandas if I were sailing Norway Fjords, Panama Canal, Chilean Fjords, or Alaska. I would choose Silversea over Celebrity because of service. I would work out the wine thing somehow. I have not sailed Azamara yet. I did sail the ships when they were with Ren and the ships ride quite nicely like the Silver Whisper.

Archived