Chances for getting Pre-Night in Vancouver?

MSEm

What is a pre-night? Do you mean you are wait listed for a hotel to stay in the night before boarding? In the whole city of Vancouver there isn't a hotel room? I am confused. I ask this because my parents are going in August on the Sun and I know they do not have a hotel room. I told them I would research there cruise for them and this post scares me to death. No hotels in vancouver or what?

Unless you have a particular reason for wanted a Princess package, I would just bid on a DT Priceline hotel. My last two weekends in Vancoiuver we got amazing rooms fro $60 per night at a Westin and a Marriott. You can't go wrong with a 4 star in the DT area!

Casey

I live in Vancouver - believe me there a tons of hotels in the DT area - can think of dozens that would be lovely by any standards and at worst you're a ten minute ride from the Port the furthest away - and actually if you stay closer to Robson St. rather than the Port area and have the evening in Vancouver there's lots to do, walking, shops, restaurants - Robson's a great place to wander. If anyone has questions about Vancouver I'd be pleased to try and help answer them.

I have family (2 couples) in their 80's doing the 7-night Alaskan cruise from Vancouver. Because of the insurance cost elected to do Princess air (not much price difference from booking air separately, but very big insurance cost difference) Because Air is from Princess, would like to do the Princess Pre-night. If I was just doing my own, I would book air separately and hotel separately. Thanks for the help

I live in Vancouver - believe me there a tons of hotels in the DT area - can think of dozens that would be lovely by any standards and at worst you're a ten minute ride from the Port the furthest away - and actually if you stay closer to Robson St. rather than the Port area and have the evening in Vancouver there's lots to do, walking, shops, restaurants - Robson's a great place to wander. If anyone has questions about Vancouver I'd be pleased to try and help answer them.

Hi, I will be arriving on the Diamond Repositioning cruise into Vancouver on May 3rd, I am hoping to spend the night and fly home the next day, I have never been there before and would appreciate any info you could give me on how far the cruise port is from the airport and the best area to stay in for the evening, thank you in advance for you assistance, really appreciated, have a great day!

Bunky, we've started a Roll Call for the Diamond repo cruise - come and join us!

Downtown Vancouver is about a 20-25 minute taxi ride from the airport and will set you back about $30 Cdn with the tip. There are tons of really nice hotels - the Pan Pacific ($$$$$$) right by the cruise ship terminal, Fairmont, 2 Westins, Sheraton, Marriott. If you do Priceline (I don't because we redeem frequent guest points), you can get a 4-star hotel for well under $100. If you belong to AAA, you can get a discount, too.

We like the Westin Bayshore. It's walking distance to Stanley Park and Robson Street, and just a really nice property. The Westin Grand is nice, too, but it's further away from the upscale tourist attractions (but closer to Chinatown and Gastown). The Pan Pacific is lovely, but it is really expensive.

There are loads of hotels near the port and within 10 min walking distance.

All at great prices....especially with the Canadian $$ exchange rate. Vancouver is a fantastic city!

I like the Hampton Inn Downtown. It's on Robson (east end) and near the Gastown area. Has the usually morning buffet and also beverages available all day long (coffee/tea). Also try Cin-Cin restaurant on Robson. Wonderful food delivered beautifully and with perfect service in a great atmosphere. Also, if you get there around 5:30-6:00 there is a great early bird dinner menu...4 courses for about 35$CDN. (Which works out perfect when you fly in from the East Coast and it already feels like 8:30 in the evening to your growling tummy.)

Hi, I will be arriving on the Diamond Repositioning cruise into Vancouver on May 3rd, I am hoping to spend the night and fly home the next day, I have never been there before and would appreciate any info you could give me on how far the cruise port is from the airport and the best area to stay in for the evening, thank you in advance for you assistance, really appreciated, have a great day!

If you wont to be really spoilt and money no odject stay at 'The Wedgewood Hotel'....I live in Vancouver....and for special dining I go there....but their rooms are wonderful.

Reasonable and good value Marriott Suites....they have an indoor pool and dining room with home style meals.

Hope I helped you.....Kruisey.

If you wont to be really spoilt and money no odject stay at 'The Wedgewood Hotel'....I live in Vancouver....and for special dining I go there....but their rooms are wonderful.

Reasonable and good value Marriott Suites....they have an indoor pool and dining room with home style meals.

Hope I helped you.....Kruisey.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate the input and I will join the repo link, did not think there would be one for such a short trip, thanks again!

Archived