Voyager 10/27: "100% a go, unless..."

doc47

I just got off the phone with my TA. She spoke with the Regent folks this morning and was told, "The 10/27 Voyager cruise from Athens to Barcelona is a 100% go , unless a NEW problem arises..."

To me this statement implies that the current problem is near resolution, and we should be set to go in ten days.

Just to be sure, I've asked my TA to call again on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We leave from Seattle on Saturday...

What bothers me is that someone on the roll calls board posted that they have been told by Regent (I think) that the ship is in Genoa. I've been watching the ship's track since it left Athens and from what I have seen it went from Athens to Marseille and is still there.......and has never been in Genoa.

What bothers me is that someone on the roll calls board posted that they have been told by Regent (I think) that the ship is in Genoa. I've been watching the ship's track since it left Athens and from what I have seen it went from Athens to Marseille and is still there.......and has never been in Genoa.

This is one reason it is better to communicate with your TA instead of Regent. Someone at Regent was probably looking at the wrong sheet of paper when they responded. Right after the cancellation, the ship was suppose to go to Genoa. . . but, as you said, it did not go there.

This is one reason it is better to communicate with your TA instead of Regent. Someone at Regent was probably looking at the wrong sheet of paper when they responded. Right after the cancellation, the ship was suppose to go to Genoa. . . but, as you said, it did not go there.

She said she had been told both by her TA and by Regent.

I sent an e-mail to Regent asking them to please issue some kind of statement so that we would have some definitive information. Within a few minutes I got this e-mail back:

Hello,

As we speak the Voyager is in Genoa being repaired. The ship was originally going to Marseille but the port could not accommodate the repairs we needed done due to the ships size, so we had to move her to Genoa . The ship will sail for the 10/27 sailing as planned. As far as we know, the strikes have not interrupted the repair process and we don’t see that it will. Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you for choosing Regent.

Andrew Bruning | Retail Sales Supervisor

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

11340 Blondo Street | Suite 200

Omaha , NE 68164

800.285.1835 | fax: 402.493.2351 | http://www.RSSC.com

Something seems very strange to me about this since the AIS ships site shows the Voyager still in Marseille. When I looked at the port of Genoa, there was no indication of her being there. :confused::confused:

Hi Ann, thanks for sharing...maybe Andrew just transposed Genoa for Marseille meaning

it was first going to Genoa then due to drydock availbility (time/space) went to Marseille.

In any case, this is the most definitive first hand (from Regent) information on repair

progress we have seen in two weeks....hopefully see you for drinks in the Voyager Observation Lounge in less than 21 days.

Hi Ann, thanks for sharing...maybe Andrew just transposed Genoa for Marseille meaning

it was first going to Genoa then due to drydock availbility (time/space) went to Marseille.

In any case, this is the most definitive first hand (from Regent) information on repair

progress we have seen in two weeks....hopefully see you for drinks in the Voyager Observation Lounge in less than 21 days.

Very strange. The signal from the ship is definitely coming from Marseilles. The only stop that I saw is when it did a lengthy stop in Cannes (maybe to pick up parts or ???).

I have beenfollowing two blogs from two dancers on the Voyager. Apparently, it stopped in Cannes to let off the entertainers. They were suppose to be let off in Monte Carlo but bad weather prevented them from docking there so the Voyager went to Cannes instead. The were then bussed to Monte Carlo. Their contract was over October 17th anyway so they were able to fly home earlier than planned.

Karen

Sounds like the ship has gone into a time warp or something.:D Maybe its like that plane on that new show "The Event" its in the Arizona desert.:confused:

Truly hope its ready for the Oct 27 cruise everyone. You can enjoy and live it for us.

Doc 47 - this is great news for all of you on the next voyage. I would have been sitting on pins and needles waiting for news. As another traveler from the Seattle area, we wish you calm seas and no ship problems. We leave on Nov 5th for the Mariner cruise to Cape Town and we're hoping for the same!

Happy cruising.

Karen

Sounds like the ship has gone into a time warp or something.:D Maybe its like that plane on that new show "The Event" its in the Arizona desert.:confused:

Truly hope its ready for the Oct 27 cruise everyone. You can enjoy and live it for us.

It's funny that you said that. When I read his e-mail to me, my first reaction was that someone was in the Twilight Zone (I'm showing my age) and it wasn't me. :)

Colonel,

You are being far too kind:eek:

Hi Mike, Mary;

Did have the Silversea Cloud TA (embarks 2 Nov also from Barcelona) on a courtesy hold for 96 hrs (SS extended for me once) but since Regent has our $$ (final pay for the TA was in early Aug) we are hamstrung...our option B is now gone. The cloudTA was wide open when we reserved Sat 11 Oct by 14 OCT there was only 5 cabins left--more Regent cruisers from 3/17 Oct booked according to the SS rep I dealt with. Am still hoping for the best but planning for the worst (have an Option C)...have repetitively taken Regent to task (in other posts)for their absolutely atrocious Crisis Communications response to this Voyager Pod issue. Their silence is almost as bad as saying "no comment."

However, we must not get ahead of ourselves, Regent's silence does not necessarily mean a negative endstate.

Hi Mike, Mary;

Did have the Silversea Cloud TA (embarks 2 Nov also from Barcelona) on a courtesy hold for 96 hrs (SS extended for me once) but since Regent has our $$ (final pay for the TA was in early Aug) we are hamstrung...our option B is now gone. The cloudTA was wide open when we reserved Sat 11 Oct by 14 OCT there was only 5 cabins left--more Regent cruisers from 3/17 Oct booked according to the SS rep I dealt with. Am still hoping for the best but planning for the worst (have an Option C)...have repetitively taken Regent to task (in other posts)for their absolutely atrocious Crisis Communications response to this Voyager Pod issue. Their silence is almost as bad as saying "no comment."

However, we must not get ahead of ourselves, Regent's silence does not necessarily mean a negative endstate.

For sure Wes! We all know that once you get onboard (IF you can get onboard) everything is better.... I trust that will be the case for you and we wish you the best cruise ever;)

Thank God the staff and crew don't come from OMAHA (lol)

Hi Mike, Mary;

Colonel, in my experience and, I suspect yours, when the boss says nothing it means one of two things: he/she hadn't the faintest idea or is afraid to tell you the truth. It amazes me that Del Rio hasn't said a word.

Colonel, in my experience and, I suspect yours, when the boss says nothing it means one of two things: he/she hadn't the faintest idea or is afraid to tell you the truth. It amazes me that Del Rio hasn't said a word.

Mr. Del Rio knows exactly what is going on. If he thought it would be of value to post, he would do so! Never underestimate Frank Del Rio.

Mr. Del Rio knows exactly what is going on. If he thought it would be of value to post, he would do so! Never underestimate Frank Del Rio.

I don't underestimate Frank Del Rio in any way. If you are in communication with him, please share with us his thoughts. If you are not, how do you presume to say, "If he thought it would be of value to post, he would do so!" Do you know that as a fact? Has he told you that? If not, why would you say such a thing?

Archived