Voyager 10/27: "100% a go, unless..."

doc47

I don't underestimate Frank Del Rio in any way. If you are in communication with him, please share with us his thoughts. If you are not, how do you presume to say, "If he thought it would be of value to post, he would do so!" Do you know that as a fact? Has he told you that? If not, why would you say such a thing?

If there is any communication, it is private. I know what I know. . . . take it or leave it. Travel Agents have been advised of the current situation with the Voyager. All indications are that it will sail on the next scheduled itinerary. I doubt if there is a legitimate reason to know any more than that.

If there is any communication, it is private. I know what I know. . . . take it or leave it. Travel Agents have been advised of the current situation with the Voyager. All indications are that it will sail on the next scheduled itinerary. I doubt if there is a legitimate reason to know any more than that.

I understand completely. We just had Mark and his wife for dinner tonight. They are a lovely couple, with so many stories to tell of the cruise industry, and have just left now. We looked at the CruiseCritic boards together and have a few laughs; only wish I could tell you about the conversaiton but, of course, it is private. =)

Perhaps there should be a special board for those "in the know" and one for the rest of us who are left hanging.

Actually, I think there should be a special board for those who like to cause problems. There is no secret anything going on here. . . . only in some people's imagination:rolleyes: If there were a statement to make, Mark Conroy would be the one to do it. I'm not sure why Regent made the decision (apparently some time ago) not to send out press releases or make public statements about issues such as the Voyager being disabled by the fishing net last year or the mechanical problem this year. We only know a few things for sure. . . . . the Voyager remains in Marseilles and Regent has been making refunds on cancelled cruises since early last week. Beyond that, we can ony speculate!

Hi Doug & Lynn; thanks very much for the well wishes...sure hope we sail Doug. We also wish Lynn and you a wonderful 18 days on the Spirit for your upcoming caribbean sojourn. Can't wait to see the pix/hear about the meet & mingle in your Spirit grand suite. Seems like yesterday about 50 of us CCr's were in your grand suite for our cruise meet & mingle on our Spirit maiden crossing.

Yesterday I posted the reply I got to my e-mail in which the Regent person said Voyager was in drydock in Genoa. This afternoon I received the following e-mail and I thought I should post it too. I'm impressed that Mr. Bruning sent me an e-mail unsolicited clarifying.

Hello,

After reviewing my email I mixed the two ports around by mistake. Please see below for the correct statement. So sorry for the confusion. Have a great day!

Andrew Bruning | Retail Sales Supervisor

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

11340 Blondo Street | Suite 200

Omaha , NE 68164

800.285.1835 | fax: 402.493.2351 | http://www.RSSC.com

Yesterday I posted the reply I got to my e-mail in which the Regent person said Voyager was in drydock in Genoa. This afternoon I received the following e-mail and I thought I should post it too. I'm impressed that Mr. Bruning sent me an e-mail unsolicited clarifying.

Hello,

After reviewing my email I mixed the two ports around by mistake. Please see below for the correct statement. So sorry for the confusion. Have a great day!

Andrew Bruning | Retail Sales Supervisor

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

11340 Blondo Street | Suite 200

Omaha , NE 68164

800.285.1835 | fax: 402.493.2351 | www.RSSC.com

And the correct statement is. . . . . ?

Ann, thanks for the follow up.

Mike believe the statement would now read:

Hello,

As we speak the Voyager is in Marseille being repaired. The ship was originally going to Genoa but the port could not accommodate the repairs we needed done due to the ships size, so we had to move her to Marseille . The ship will sail for the 10/27 sailing as planned. As far as we know, the strikes have not interrupted the repair process and we don’t see that it will. Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you for choosing Regent.

Please, remember though also this comes from Regent in Omaha, it is from a sales supervisor not a senior leader of Regent..so altho helpful, it is still not an official announcement from Regent.

Ann, thanks for the follow up.

Mike believe the statement would now read:

Hello,

As we speak the Voyager is in Marseille being repaired. The ship was originally going to Genoa but the port could not accommodate the repairs we needed done due to the ships size, so we had to move her to Marseille . The ship will sail for the 10/27 sailing as planned. As far as we know, the strikes have not interrupted the repair process and we don’t see that it will. Hope this helps, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thank you for choosing Regent.

Please, remember though also this comes from Regent in Omaha, it is from a sales supervisor not a senior leader of Regent..so altho helpful, it is still not an official announcement from Regent.

Wes, I suspect you have watched the news reports of the strikes and unrest in France, and remember the meaning of "general strike."

Just so we don't go in circles (not that I did not find the rewriting of Mr. Brunings email strangely comical), the following has been reported previously.

1. The Voyager went into drydock in Marseilles after a brief stop to drop off entertainers in Cannes. She remains there as of the time of this post.

2. The strikes in France have had no effect on the repairs of the Voyager.

3. She will sail out of Athens as scheduled on October 27th (unless a new problem were to develop).

Celebrity Cruises cancelled the Century cruise on Oct 15 for a rudder problem. Four days later (today) Celebrity provides an update on their website and

via Social media (their Facebook page)...and yes Regent has a FB page but alas there have been no Voyager repair updates, but Regent did post on their FB page about the CN Traveler 2010 win. Here is current Celebrity news release:

Celebrity Century® Update

Miami - (October 19, 2010 ) - Celebrity Cruises continues to work on repairs to Celebrity Century's rudders. The ship sailed as planned from Villefranche to Marseilles, where she is currently in wet dock. While the ship has been alongside in Marseilles, divers from the United States, Canada and France have been working tirelessly on steps that must be completed before the dry dock work can begin. We have been working closely with the shipyard and French port authorities and feel confident that the ship will be able to enter a dry dock as scheduled later this week.

We are pleased with the progress that has been made in wet dock and are on schedule to complete the repairs before Celebrity Century's next scheduled sailing from Barcelona on October 25. We encourage guests on the October 25 sailing of Celebrity Century to monitor Celebrity Cruises' website for additional updates on the repairs.

This is good public relations/communication by Celebrity, conversely Regent is doing a poor job in PR/communication with regard updating target audiences on the Voyager pod repair status.

I have friends sailing on the Century on 10/25 so I have been following their thread. Someone there posted a link to the Marseille Port Authority. At the link below you can see the information the port authority has re:Voyager.

https://webpam.marseille-port.fr/webgpmm/gererEscale.do

Once you open the link you have to click on the button labeled "Consult Escales" to see the information for the Seven Seas Voyager.

If the information is correct, the ship is scheduled to depart the port on October 24. She will return for a port visit on November 7 which is consistent with the 10/27 cruise itinerary. It is my understanding that this website is updated daily. I have no idea how accurate the info is, but one would hope the port authority has some knowledge of traffic in and out of its jurisdiction.

We received this message from RSSC this afternoon:

Seven Seas Voyager Update as of October 20, 2010 Dear Guest and Travel Partner:

We know everyone is anxiously waiting for their upcoming cruise October 27th, onboard the Voyager.

The Seven Seas Voyager is currently in dry dock undergoing repairs which are proceeding on schedule. At this time, should no unforeseen circumstances arise, we fully expect the October 27th voyage to depart as planned.

We look forward to welcoming you or your clients onboard and providing them with a memorable cruise experience.

Sincerely, Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Hopefully, this is factual since we are due to leave for Athens on Sunday.

Mike Barns

That is indeed good news. So everyone, have a wonderful cruise and please post how things are going.

We were on the cancelled Oct 3 cruise, and still dealing with our great disappointment, but are moving on and taking care of business, so have a couple of glasses of wine for us.

Hope everything goes pefectly and you have no issues.

Archived