Great upgrade offer email today!

musicman_L7

Hello, after lurking for the past 9 months or so, I've finally registered.

My wife and are booked on our second cruise, Dec 5 2010 on the Legend. We booked our cruise through Carnival in April via Early Saver. Our fare for a 7A balcony was $539 pp. After checking routinely for price drops, I finally came to terms that we wouldn't get any OBC as the prices went up and stayed up after we booked; until today.

Carnival's email said to call, as upgrades were available for $40. I didn't expect much for that price. The rep told me I could move to any balcony room except aft view for $20 pp. Long story short, we have moved from a 7A obstructed view, to a 8J ext balcony for only $40 just like the email said.

If anyone else is getting these emails, I would suggest to act fast as the deal I got was great. $559 pp for our 8J on the Legend! Originally, I thought our $539 pp was a deal, but now we really can't wait to go.

We had a long balcony on the Legend, could have had 20 people over for drinks, it was GREAT. I got an upgrade email today, and I have to admit I turned it down.....from a porthole to a window.....round vs, square didn't make that much difference for 50.00. Will check to see if the price went down enough for an onboard credit:o?

Wow, that's great. Hope we get an offer like that for our Feb cruise. I just I better start checking the email account I have registered with Carnival on a daily basis - it's basically my junk email and I hardly ever check it!

hmmm... I got in on a discounted deal through a TA (a crappy TA, it turned out) and while I got a great deal (after rebating, $499pp plus taxes for a minorly obstructed balcony room) I wish I'd booked with Carnival because I am fairly certain I won't hear from the TA letting me know I was offered an upgrade. Then again, I tend to doubt I'd have heard anything anyway - it's $200pp extra for the only available balconies on my sailing right now...

Hello, after lurking for the past 9 months or so, I've finally registered.

My wife and are booked on our second cruise, Dec 5 2010 on the Legend. We booked our cruise through Carnival in April via Early Saver. Our fare for a 7A balcony was $539 pp. After checking routinely for price drops, I finally came to terms that we wouldn't get any OBC as the prices went up and stayed up after we booked; until today.

Carnival's email said to call, as upgrades were available for $40. I didn't expect much for that price. The rep told me I could move to any balcony room except aft view for $20 pp. Long story short, we have moved from a 7A obstructed view, to a 8J ext balcony for only $40 just like the email said.

If anyone else is getting these emails, I would suggest to act fast as the deal I got was great. $559 pp for our 8J on the Legend! Originally, I thought our $539 pp was a deal, but now we really can't wait to go.

This is very common, they upgrade everyone as the time gets closer if they have room available. I haven't taken one Carnival cruise that I wasn't offered and upgrade and I book OS usually. First cruise was not an OS but was upgraded to one.

Archived