i wanna alask cruise

manoftheworld

I'm not sure what advice you're needing. I do know Princess goes to Glacier bay and Hubbard Glacier, this would be a good iterinary because it has both glacier viewing. Also on airfare it might be cheaper to fly to Anchorage and when you arrive in Vancouver you can take a train/bus to Seattle and that will give you a cheaper flight or vise versa, roundtrip airfare is cheaper from seattle but I think you'll be missing some good ports, I'm sure we all can help but need to know what you're asking :)

my dream is to go to Alaska . can you give my your advice and recommendations

thanks

terry

Follow your dream and go. You will not be disappointed.

My wife and I went to Alaska in 2007 and did a cruise/tour with Princess. We would love to go back some day.

Good luck.

I know how you feel and we decided to take the leap and go. We booked Carnival Spirit for September 13, 2011 and can't wait!! Even though we live in Montana, the weather won't be much of a change, but the scenery and different ocean wildlife will be awesome!

It's going to be a long year of a wait! :rolleyes:

Take some time, and go to the trip report board and read about people's trips this season. Head to your library, take out Alaska By Cruiseship, along with other travel guides.

The more you know, the better informed you will be in making your touring decisions.

We decided to bite the bullet too, and booked for next year on Holland America.

Here are some things that were a priority for us, and went into our decision:

- Glacier Bay, based on pictures and trip reports.

- Round trip itinerary, if possible.

- Inside Passage because of the scenery, and the water is calmer.

So, that is how I narrowed it down to Holland America Zuiderdam. It is round trip out of Vancouver (inside passage), and goes to Glacier Bay and Tracy Arm.

The sticker price was a little more than Carnival, which we have sailed before and love, but after calling an internet agency and getting a discount it turned out to be very close in price. So, do your research and don't believe the listed prices. Also, if you are willing to gamble on the weather and sail either early or late in the season it is much cheaper.

Have fun doing your research and planning your trip. I think this may be a once in a lifetime thing for us, and we are really, really looking forward to it.

i wanna thank you all for the big help you gave to me. but my question is what is the best price i can get for me and my wife including the airfare??

Questions like that are what travel agents are for. I wouldn't travel with a 10-month-old but it's perfectly safe to.

We started long flights at about 6 months old and my parents tell me I have been flying since I was about 3 months old. Read up on tips for traveling with a baby because it was not always easy.

We can't answer questions about price because there are lots of prices based on cruise line, itinerary, when you go and cabin you get. Find a travel agent or start researching cruises on the internet. You can go to each cruise line website and price cruises. The major cruise lines that go to Alaska are Holland America, Princess, Carnival, NCL, Celebrity, Disney and Royal Caribbean. It is usually cheaper early or late in the sailing season.

I don't think all the cruise lines have facilities or programs for 10 month old babies. Disney does for a per hour charge have a nursery for 3 months to 3 years old. I believe Carnival also has limited per hour baby sitting service for a fee. If you plan to have your baby with you at all times, this is not an issue. If you plan to spend some time without your baby, that may determine which cruise line you will be taking, so figure out which lines offer baby services.

Jen in SoCal

Questions like that are what travel agents are for. I wouldn't travel with a 10-month-old but it's perfectly safe to.

• 2 weeks later...

We just went to Alaska in May and I can tell you about my trip. We decided to do a round trip from Seattle because air fare was much cheaper. Actually for us, it was free because we used our miles. But if you are planning to travel with a small child. The flight to/from Anchorage will be very long and may be difficult. I would definitely recommend going to Glacier Bay, like the other person said. I did not know how awesome the glaciers would be til I actually saw them. I would also recommend a balcony. I prefer a balcony on all cruises but I think I would have been dissapointed if I had not had one in Alaska. I would try t do excursions separate from the ship as they would be smaller groups. We went on Golden Princess and I am glad that we did because it was a very nice ship. We paid around 3500 for the cruise for two for a junior suite. But we were upgraded to the Penthouse Suite, which was awesome. This was by far the best cruise I have been on. Alaska was more beautiful that I thought and we had a great time. I would definitely recommend going to anyone.

Archived