Size of NCL Sun

mcguy79

I was just looking on NCL's website, and it looks like the Sun is the smallest ship in terms of passenger capacity. I'm sailing on the Sun in February 2011. I've previously sailed on the Dawn and the Jewel. Is there a noticeable difference in the size of the ship, the crowds, or the amenities? Just curious. I like the idea of it being a little less crowded, but I also don't want the ship to feel quiet or empty.

The Sun is just a little smaller. I think you will find the pool area much larger then the Dawn. The down side is the buffet area is much smaller and can seem crowded. That is offset but the Great Outdoors that the Dawn does not have. I have been on the Sun 3 times and loved her. Not the glitz of the newer ships but more subdued and a classic.

Thank you for all the responses! It wasn't a huge concern, but I definitely wanted to check.

I'm happy about the Sun having a Great Outdoors; it's a great spot to sit and have drinks and watch the sunset.

I was just looking on NCL's website, and it looks like the Sun is the smallest ship in terms of passenger capacity. I'm sailing on the Sun in February 2011. I've previously sailed on the Dawn and the Jewel. Is there a noticeable difference in the size of the ship, the crowds, or the amenities? Just curious. I like the idea of it being a little less crowded, but I also don't want the ship to feel quiet or empty.

I don't think you will notice much if any difference. It isn't like the days when we had ships that held a thousand passengers compared to 2500.

Nita

Archived