What happens after you have disembarked ?

scotslizzy

When we arrive back in Miami from our cruise on Eclipse in January do Celebrity arrange a lunch at a hotel or send you to a shopping mall ?

Our flight back home to the UK does not leave until 20.45 so that is a long time to fill. Does anyone have any past experience of this please.

Our last couple of carribean cruises have been with Princess and what I mentioned above is what they do .

Thanks

Scotslizzy

When we arrive back in Miami from our cruise on Eclipse in January do Celebrity arrange a lunch at a hotel or send you to a shopping mall ?

Our flight back home to the UK does not leave until 20.45 so that is a long time to fill. Does anyone have any past experience of this please.

Our last couple of carribean cruises have been with Princess and what I mentioned above is what they do .

Thanks

Scotslizzy

They offer shore excursions for a fee. I'm unaware of Celebrity doing what your describe, but I could be wrong. Enjoy your cruise.

You may be able to arrange an excurison of Miami either through Celebrity or on your own for a fee. They may provide you with transportation to the airport if you are going directly there but I do not believe they will provide you with a free lunch. Their job is done and you are on your own.:)

Thanks

Scotslizzy

If you have purchased an air/cruise package, they will look after you. After our Solstice cruise disembarked in Miami we were transferred to the Wyndham airport hotel where they had booked day rooms for us. If you have booked cruise only....you are on your own!

We have purchased a full package with Celebrity and I thought they might do something for us and it looks like it will be the Wyndham Hotel .

If anyone has stayed at this hotel can you say whether it was good or not as we are overnight in this hotel prior to embarkation.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

We have purchased a full package with Celebrity and I thought they might do something for us and it looks like it will be the Wyndham Hotel .

If anyone has stayed at this hotel can you say whether it was good or not as we are overnight in this hotel prior to embarkation.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

It was just a typical airport hotel...nice enough, but not particularily near anywhere walkable. There was a shuttle to a nearby mall.....we used this on the day of our late flight.

I would book a dayroom at a hotel with a pool/restaurants, etc....it's HORRIBLE to try and "kill time", and with a hotel room, you'll have a place 'to be'....someplace to eat, relax, swim, watch tv, nap...whatever! A shower before you head to the plane, and you'll be all ready for that long trip home!

Archived