Enough Cushion for Departure?

DRWhit

The only times I leave home the day of sailing are when I am sailing out of NYC or Boston. I don't fly to those ports, and there are plenty of car companies and busses that will get me there in time.

Otherwise, it's at least the day before.

For our upcoming cruise, we waned to explore flying out the same day as the cruise was departing. So we asked HAL to give us an air option. What they came back with was OK on pricing, and got us into FLL at 2:30pm. The website shows the ship departing at 5pm.

At first, I thought that should be plenty of time, from 2:30 to 5pm and the airport is close to the pier, and so I said, "OK, I 'll take it."

But now I am thinking its too close, even if HAL is providing the air. I think we have to be on the ship by 4pm, which cuts our margin down to 1 and 1/2 hour prior to scheduled landing.

What do you think? Is that enough time? :confused:

No, it is not enough time! Do yourself a favour and book your own air, fly in the day before & stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th. Street!:)

We have always and will continue to fly the day before.....the last time we flew into FLL we had a short distance from the airport to the hotel but there was a marathon being run there and all traffic was stopped for a long period of time, no place to turn around etc, ....if we had been trying to get to the cruise port with only an hour or two to spare, we would have been having panic attacks and there wasnt anything that could have been done. The flights were no issue, just traffic in FLL ......you cant be too careful ...

Archived