LIVE from the Sapphire Princess - Sydney to Los Angeles

Pia1913

Had a great day in Maui. Currently our new captain Nash is on the "horn" advising us that we are in for a bumpy ride as we leave Lahaina and which may last until Wednesday afternoon.

Aloha, Mahalo and all that good stuff as we depart from paradise. See you in the morning.

Hi Pia:

Thanks for the phone call... the past few days have been a BLUR!

I will try to get in touch with you during one of the upcoming sea days. Currently, we are "wine-ing" in our cabin and relaxing from lots of sun & snorkeling! :p

It’s Tuesday, and yes, the ship is rocking. As Captain Nash promised, it started yesterday evening and is continuing as predicted. . The sun is shining, but you can feel the drop in temperature. If his predictions are correct, we will rock and roll for at least another 24 hours. Fortunately, neither one of us is bothered by this. What is bothering me now is that the laundry lost one of my shirts. Hey……..something has to annoy me, right? ;)

Several different things happening on board today. There’s a seafood buffet scheduled for 2 hours on deck near the Calypso pool, a Cadbury’s chocolate tasting “event” and something on button necklaces in the Wheelhouse. Make them? Buy them? No clue.

Also today is a lecture on movie’s made in Hawaii and the Ron Bower’s lecture “Robert Kennedy’s Death.” Was it a conspiracy? The afternoon movie is “The Expendables” starring Sylvester Stallone.

Princess showtime presents Kenny James in the theater. He is listed as a vocalist who is a 13 time Star Search Winner and in Explorer’s last night’s magician Chad Chesmark. Also tonight is the International Crew Show at 10:00 and we again will lose another hour of sleep by moving the clocks ahead.

Julia: We usually "wine" just before or after trivia. :D

Pia delighted to hear the shirt showed up. Thought for a moment they had swiped it in order to use the buttons for the "button necklaces" demo. :rolleyes: Now all you have to do is pack it! :eek:;)

Continue to enjoy your ride home.

Barb

Quick question please: Are Baja balconies covered by Aloha balconies or do they stick out, uncovered. Aren't they the smaller 2-chair variety like Aloha? Am unfamiliar with SP. Statement on another thread said only Aloha and Emerald had covered balconies. Can someone please clarify? Thanks!

Wednesday November 17th and only 3 more sleeps left before disembarkation. Now the days are flying by as the real world gets closer and closer. We in fact have already packed one case; 43.1 lbs., so still a little extra space if needed. We have bought very little, so should be okay weightwise.

We’re still wiggling, a/k/a rocking. Not bad. A lot less than we had anticipated. I think Capt. Nash prepared us for worse, so would get to say; “oh, this isn’t bad at all.” Sun is shining; skies are clear. I’m a little late this morning due to some something not agreeing with me yesterday and a bout of “agida.” Feeling better today but didn’t want to get out of bed or have breakfast. Even my routine can be changed occasionally. ;)

Crazy schedule today; things not where they’re supposed to be. This is a day of choices. The forensics guy is on at 10:00 which conflicts with brain buster trivia at 10:15. Oh my…….which one to choose? The aforementioned lecture will be “Marilyn Monroe’s Death: Was it a conspiracy?” At 11:15 another enrichment lecture - Earthquakes at Home: Is your family at risk? California, Alaska and Hawaii aren’t the only places in the US with dangerous earthquakes.

Starting at 11:30 is another pub lunch and the afternoon movie will be “The Losers.” There’s a TV theme song trivia (this sort of trivia usually takes place at 9:30 PM) at 3:15 and the production show “Do you Wanna Dance” at 4:30 PM.

Tonight’s theater feature is Steve Moris, someone we’ve enjoyed many times before. I understand he’s just completed a stint in Vegas. Steve is the guy with “see the yellow bird.” In Explorer’s is comedian, singer and impressionist Paul Boland; three shows, one night only.

Saruman: Baja balconies have two chairs and a small table. Completely covered. We have one.

Pia, I'm sorry to see your cruise--and your daily reports--ending.

We just returned from the Eclipse TA so I had a lot of reports to catch up on. We were so sorry that we sailed with Celebrity, but the timing was right so we decided to make a comparison. Princess wins in almost every category!

We just returned from the Eclipse TA so I had a lot of reports to catch up on. We were so sorry that we sailed with Celebrity, but the timing was right so we decided to make a comparison. Princess wins in almost every category!

Pia, thanks for sharing yet another wonderful journey with us. As always, will look forward to your next "live." :p

quote=FritzG;26907459]Pia, I'm sorry to see your cruise--and your daily reports--ending.

!

I could be persuaded to continue. Want to pay for the next cruise? ;):D

Pia, thanks for sharing yet another wonderful journey with us. As always, will look forward to your next "live." :p

Next one will be the Star; 2/23/11

!

quote=FritzG;26907459]Pia, I'm sorry to see your cruise--and your daily reports--ending.

!

Home is waiting for you!

We're busy 'running around' until Dec. 12 ...... You should be all unpacked and ready to go again by then! :rolleyes:

Call - we've a lot of catching up to do.......my stuff not yours - I've followed you all along!!! ;)

Enjoyed your postings, as always, my most clever friend. :D

Pia,

Thank you for all your great posts it has been great reading your experiences on the return leg, only a couple of months then off again, extremly envious, J Hope you and Mike continue to enjoy your cruises for many years to come, looking forward to future “live posts” and hope to meet again on a future cruise.

Happy cruising,

Chris and Marianne

!

Thanks for taking me along on this cruise, looking forward to your

Feb cruise. Get home safe.

Archived