Rhapsody in Airlie Beach today

biddles

Hi All,

Snapped this photo this morning in Airlie Beach of Rhapsody anchored out in the bay.

56 days to go until my Xmas cruise!!! Yeah!

9D1B9UEWFhe9uAgOKqyblg?feat=directlink

Cheers,

Biddles:D

Thanks for the pic...we are almost in the 100 day countdown for our first trip on her...:)

Hi All,

Snapped this photo this morning in Airlie Beach of Rhapsody anchored out in the bay.

56 days to go until my Xmas cruise!!! Yeah!

9D1B9UEWFhe9uAgOKqyblg?feat=directlink

Cheers,

Biddles:D

Hey Biddles,

We're on this cruise as well - can't wait - 8 weeks to go - YAY!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Sharon

Thanks for the pic

Makes our few days countdown even more exciting

It's my husbands birthday present ( I get to share the best present I have ever bought us lol)

Last Friday night he experienced his minor present - we went to Celtic Women - their first concert in Australia. When these angels sang Orinoco Flow We both sang the chorus with passion "Sail away, sail away , sail away."

Di

That was my first photo upload ever and I clearly got it wrong!

So thank you for fixing that up! To get it right next time, instead of inserting a photo, I should perhaps use the web link icon instead? (photo is hosted on picasa web)

Cheers Biddles :D

What is the probability of tender operations being cancelled at Airlie Beach? Does it happen occasionally, often??

Barry

I dont think I have heard of any ships having to cancel tendering in either Port Douglas, Yorkeys, or Airlie Beach, except of course in Cyclone season.

On thing going for them is that you are inside the GBR so are not subject to the big ocean swells. The wind would be the big problem I would think, but the Captain can postion the ship to protect the tenders from that.

What is the probability of tender operations being cancelled at Airlie Beach? Does it happen occasionally, often??

Barry

We visited Airlie Beach on Rhapsody last December - they were offloading passengers onto the catamarans on both sides of the ship initially (which was great - very quick) but as the wind came up they could only offload on the land side. This slowed things down quite and bit.

The wind was also quite strong when everyone was heading back to the ship and the catamarans were waiting off to the side for quite a while (note to self - maybe take seasick tablets next time if winds are up - we were sitting in the bouncy swell for about 45 minutes waiting to get off - not that good :(!!).

Dea

:)

Archived