Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

I am back. I went on a 'golf school' vacation in Arizona with my husband and another couple. We had not seen the other couple for 3 months and they had been doing Atkins for the whole 3 months getting ready for a cruise next month. They look and feel fantastic!!

I have read the posts I missed, and you are all so inspiring! Some of you have ups and downs, but the downs on the scale are the kind we all get motivated hearing about. Keep it up!

Weigh in this morning, down 5lbs...hurray :D I am so happy with my loss.

I had planned to binge today after my weigh in, to satisfy cravings. But after working so hard and having a great loss I decided it was absolutely not worth it and became very satisfied with one small bite of my husbands pie. I am also very pleased with this success as well. I had been dreaming, planning and plotting this chocolate feast for the past week. But I didn't cave.

I hope everyone had or is having a great week. Keep up that great work all !!!

Weigh in this morning, down 5lbs...hurray :D I am so happy with my loss.

I had planned to binge today after my weigh in, to satisfy cravings. But after working so hard and having a great loss I decided it was absolutely not worth it and became very satisfied with one small bite of my husbands pie. I am also very pleased with this success as well. I had been dreaming, planning and plotting this chocolate feast for the past week. But I didn't cave.

I hope everyone had or is having a great week. Keep up that great work all !!!

That is so awesome!!!! You are at the place I love to be. It means that you are reaping the benefits enough that you don't want to cheat. I am so envious! Congrats!:D:D:D

I'm so busy this week with all the kids coming to town and fixing big Thanksgiving for everyone. I hope I'll be sick of looking at it by the time it's ready to eat. Although with 20 for dinner there may not be much left!!!:)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Weighed in yesterday, down 1.2 lbs, so I lost what I gained back last week.

At Weight Watchers yesterday, the leader said something that I found thought provoking: "You will learn something more this year by sticking to your diet through the holiday season, and next year you will learn more again." Her point was that perfection is not possible, but we can improve every year.

This year, I tried to make our Thanksgiving side dishes more healthy. I made green bean casserole from scratch using an Alton Brown recipe with fresh green beans rather than using canned beans and soup mix. If nothing else, there should be a lot less salt in these dishes.

However, I also made all the pies...I didn't worry about being good for that course! :D

Have a great day!

Turkey day is over. I caved. LOL :D I ate turkey, 1 1/2 cup potatoes with 1/2 cup gravy, 1/2 cup green beans, 1 cresent roll, 1 piece of pumpkin pie and 1 piece of blueberry pie! :eek: Very bad for us low carb dieter's, LOL. Got back to low carb Friday and I feel pretty good today. I really felt bla Friday. Anxious to see what weigh in on Monday will be. But I am not sorry, every holiday with my extended family is precious to me and it is only one day on Thanksgiving and 1 day at Xmas. Hope you all had a wonderful day and you still lose weight at the end of the week!

Cindy

OMG!!! My daughter, grandson and son-in-law left this morning to go home about 3 1/2 hours away. They wanted to avoid TGving traffic. One mile from their house, they were BROADSIDED!!!! My DD is almost 8 months pregnant and the person hit her side of the car! My son-in-law swerved to avoid being hit and they were sideswiped by a car going in the opposite direction. Both sides of the car were heavily damaged, but Thank God airbags deployed! They drive a Toyota mini van and it has the sun shield screens that can be lifted. Had those not been up my 23 month old Grandson would have been showered with shattered glass. I'll always use them in my van now too! Luckily, everyone is OK. A little bumped and bruised and they are all shaken up, but not badly hurt.

I was bad at my diet, but Monday I'll start again.:rolleyes:

OMG!!! My daughter, grandson and son-in-law left this morning to go home about 3 1/2 hours away. They wanted to avoid TGving traffic. One mile from their house, they were BROADSIDED!!!! My DD is almost 8 months pregnant and the person hit her side of the car! My son-in-law swerved to avoid being hit and they were sideswiped by a car going in the opposite direction. Both sides of the car were heavily damaged, but Thank God airbags deployed! They drive a Toyota mini van and it has the sun shield screens that can be lifted. Had those not been up my 23 month old Grandson would have been showered with shattered glass. I'll always use them in my van now too! Luckily, everyone is OK. A little bumped and bruised and they are all shaken up, but not badly hurt.

I was bad at my diet, but Monday I'll start again.:rolleyes:

So glad to hear everyone is ok.

Wow! What a nightmare! I'm so glad that they're okay! Definitely reason to give thanks!

We are scheduled to cruise in April and I need to get in shape so I can walk and get around and so I can fit in my cruise clothes and formal clothes. I logged onto the "gained it all back " thread, but no responses. I need a site that I can log into a couple time a day for suppport.........any takers?

Jan, sorry you and your family had to go through that but glad all is well

VT, I'm sure everyone would be happy to have you join us in our struggles! I will listen & help anyway I can. I think many of us are on weight watchers and some just trying to eat healthy & lose and I do low carb. Whatever you do this thread should be helpful to you, welcome!

We are scheduled to cruise in April and I need to get in shape so I can walk and get around and so I can fit in my cruise clothes and formal clothes. I logged onto the "gained it all back " thread, but no responses. I need a site that I can log into a couple time a day for suppport.........any takers?

VT, Welcome to our group!!! I can vouch for these girls! They are the best! I haven't been as compliant as most of them, but everyone is supportive and will "be there for you":)... good and bad! Most everyone is having success with thier plans... I sadly, have not been very good the last week. :o

Thanks EVERYONE for your concern. DD is home and doesn't think Grandson or unborn baby are any worse for the wear. They just have to deal with insurance companies now. :rolleyes: The driver that ran into them turned out to be a former student of my S-I-L! how wierd is that?

thank you all for the warm welcome. I am launching my Cruise plan as of tomorrow morning.......I plan on starting out slow both with food choices and with exercise so I don't get too discouraged! I also bought a journal specifically for me to record my challenges, victories and yes, those days that don't go so well. I have a lot of weight to lose, but right now my goal is to drop 40 pounds before the cruise. That equates to about 10 per month.....I think that is a goal I can accomplish. I will also start back at Curves this week. The last time I joined before the cruise I lost over 9 inches in a little over a week. I appreciate the support- you will see me here on a regular basis.

Hi Everyone,

Well all the kids are gone. It's so much fun having adult kids! We had cocktails and appetizers at happy hour and lots of fun and games and laughter all weekend.

I filled up coolers for everyone and sent as much leftovers and sweets as I could fit into them. After everyone was gone I purged the stuff that was left behind. A coffee cake and 1/2 package of double stuffed oreos went into the trash. :eek: I've been bad, but not bad enough to dig them out of the trash.:rolleyes:

Tomorrow I go down to NC (about an hour away) and clean out my Uncles house to sell or rent. That will be gross and will take away my appetite! Plus it will be hard work and a lot of moving around.

VT, I'm going to stick with you and try for the 10 pounds per month. I'll also go back to my WW meeting ASAP.

On Thursday DH and I are driving to my DD's house to make sure that she gets a car rented and that the other driver's insurance is doing what it's supposed to. They're smart and capable, I'll just feel so much better to see that they are doing ok after the accident. They are so bummed. They only had the mini van for 1 year and it was almost paid off. Now they have to hope that the insurance company will cover it's blue book value.

OK Girls, we're on the pre Christmas push! If we lose a little extra, we won't have to sweat the whole Christmas / New Year's parties as much. Then by summer we'll be HOT!!!!:D

I have been reading this thread with delight! You're doing such a great job and with the holiday season upon us. I went ahead and joined myfitnesspal.com and am looking forward to more accountability. Thanks! ;0))))

For help with meal-planning, I'd like to recommend e-mealz.com. You can choose from a variety of grocery stores, cooking for 2, etc. etc. and the cost is $5/mo.

They help with your budget because they send a weekly email using your local grocery stores circular ad.

The email includes the menu items and recipes followed by a grocery list.

Another recommendation for low-impact cardio is Jennifer Brindley with her 'Rise Up' workout. She is a Physical Therapist who lost 85 pounds 8 yrs. ago and has kept it off. (This is a Christian-type program with contemporary background music and a real good beat to keep you on your toes!) If you have bad knees or whatnot, she encourages you to do your best. You can google her info and see if you can get a tv program or order her dvd's.

Anyhow, keep up all your good work. ;) *;*

Congratulations on your weight loss! I started walking last week and I'd rather lick the floor than exercise, but I put an audio book on my ipod and it has given me incentive to walk longer and more often... I have to find out "who did it"!

This week my daughter and grandson (age 22 months) are coming for Halloween. Which brings up our first big challenge. CANDY!!! :eek: We live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, so I'll have plenty of it around. When DD leaves, I'm sending any leftovers with her!

By the way, my name is Janet. Enjoy your Sunday and keep that mental image of the "you that you want to be" in your mind!

Hey, I'm also happy to join this new thread. I've been posting over on nearby "Gained it All Back..." thread as well.

Congrats to all of you getting started. I too have gained and lost over the years, and I finally thought, "enough"! I'm 62, and I too want to climb pyramids (this December, in Belize). And tromp around cobble-stoned streets and climb cathedral spires, etc. on future trips.

I'm mostly concerned about the health of my liver, and my heart.

I still have'nt lost anything yet. Just basically eating breakfast and a late lunch. I cut out the snacking in the evening. Oh well, I'm starting on WW tomorrow after work. Having my son clean out the extra room to make it into an exercise room, will put my wii, airwalker, back and ab machine and inversion machine in there.

My goal is to lose 30lbs in 10 mo in time for our 09/10/11 cruise to Alaska. A very realistic goal I think.

starting wt: 166

Current wt: 168

goal wt: 135

I dropped about 8 pounds, but not in a good way.....came down with the stomach, intestinal flu Sunday night. Been in bed for 36 hours (or the bathroom) could only tolerate some gingerale. Now I have to recover before I can put my plan into action........I am so weak.

But, there is always tomorrow right?

Cindy, A loss is a loss and over Thanksgiving week, you have a lot to be proud of!!!! :D Yay!!

Suzque, It sounds like you have a great plan! WW has a new plan, so it should be interesting to see what it is! You are cruising the same time period that I am. We leave 9/1 for Athens, will return on 9/18. We got plenty of time, just need to get our fannies in gear and our mind's right!:rolleyes:

VT, Ugh, virtual ((hugs))! I know that it's a bad way to lose, but it still counts. You just got jolted into a head start. :( Get well, but take advantage of it too. Soups have good nutrition, but not a lot of calories. Chicken soup is a good start after a belly ache. Get well soon!

We've moved to page 4, sorry if I missed anyone on page 3! Have a great day EVERYONE!!

Welcome Ronnalee and Nicole!!! Sorry I missed your posts earlier!:o I'm so excited to have more people join our group!

Ronnalee, I'll look at the e-mealz. I love to cook... part of my problem..:rolleyes: but it sounds interesting.

Nicole, I'm near the "ENOUGH"!! stage too, but, haven't clearly committed to it yet. I'm ashamed to say that I keep waiting for this or that... then I'll start. :mad: I'm mad at myself for being that way. I hope it won't take something bad to finally get me there. I also have pyramids to climb and grandchildren to love.:)

Archived