Anyone want to start a new weight loss group with me?

5326jan

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I had a one pound loss which I'm very thankful for. I've decided to start going to WW meetings for the support. I'm also very curious about the plan changes.

Ok, have a great week everyone.

My stats are as follows:

5'4" medium frame

194 start

182 current

136 goal

;) keep up the good work everyone

i've plotted the last two days on myfitnesspal.com including my exercise and food intake....i'm so happy someone here on cc mentioned this site! i can see and be accountable for what i eat and how much i exercise.....

i hope you all have a good night ~ take care!

;0))))

I lost this week! 2.2 pounds! I'm stunned! I can't figure how I managed that...though I wasn't as bad as I could have been.

I don't feel skinny today though, quite the reverse. Funny how that works. I need to get back into regular workouts because that works best.

I'm excited with the new Weight Watchers program. I like the changes so far. I just need to go through and update all of my favorite foods.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Just realized I have not checked in this week yet :confused: I had a 1lb loss this week for a total of 28.5lbs.

Welcome to all those who have joined us. This has to be the best group of folks ever, the support here is great.

ronnalee-myfitness.pal is a great tool isn't it. It has really helped me stay accountable.

Cindy - 1/2 a pound down over Thanksgiving, well Hurray for you!!!!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!!!

My fridge is nearly empty!!! I've put off going to the grocery store until I get back in town on Monday. By then it will be completely purged of anything still hanging out from the kids being here. My skinny husband can have the last little bits of goodies and snacks. :rolleyes:

We're going up to visit my DD and see with our own eyes that they are all fine. The insurance company told them the car was a total loss. They just haven't sent them a check yet. They are definitely getting another Sienna XLE. I think they credit the car and the safety features for protecting them all. The car's airbags went off and it looked like they were in a big white balloon! The airbags went from front to the back, so even the poor dog in the way back was protected!:p

When we're back I'm officially going back to WW. From there I'll go to the grocery store with my head in the right frame of mind!

Awesome weight loss Lisa and Magik. Glad your back Shelwoj! VT, happy to hear that you're feeling better! Ronnalee, I'm glad that you're finding the MyFitnessPal such a help. I have it bookmarked, because it's easy to remember when it's on your toolbar reminding you!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Oh I have been so accountable to the website that's tracking my calories taken in and the calories that exercise is burning off.

I haven't weighed yet....I'm not completely moved into the house. Need to get the scales tomorrow.

I feel so good making time to work out and be conscious of what I'm eating.

I applaud everybody here for doing the best they can. :)

Take care now.

Good Monday Morning everyone. I am happy to report I am down another 3.5 pounds. 32lbs!!! Even though our cruise is in just over a month, I am going to have to buy new formal gowns or have mine refitted, they definetly won't do the way they are. And I am so excited to report that I have bought 2 sexy pairs of heels, for the first time in years I can get my feet into a pair of heels again :D

Here's wishing everyone a great week and lot's of control as the Christmas and Holiday treats begin to roll out everywhere.

Lisa great loss.

Txadmin2 Happy travels, have a wonderful time and be safe.

5326jan Safe travels to you as well.

LNLisa great idea, now if they only made pants like that...hehehe

Ok, I'm back down to my original "starting weight" now.

I went to my first "unofficial" WW meeting last week. It's at my work, and they were introducing the new program, they still have 2 weeks left on their 12week program, so I'm supposed to start officially next week. I am hoping to go tonight, but not sure. I was stricken by the stomach flu yesterday and still having some "residual" today.

So I'm changing my "starting weight" to the top weight I was at Thanksgiving time.

Was: 169

Now: 166

Goal: 135

Weighed in, and I'm down .6 of a pound. Not exciting, but still progress.

I've been busy the last week or so with work and other stuff, and partly as a result, I've been really bad about working out. I was thinking earlier today, that while I will still be busy during the next week, I will be less busy and plus I only have one eating out event to manage. I'm thinking that I should really push myself for the next week or two at sticking to the tracking and exercising. If I can be good and lose several pounds, than I will have more room to fudge over the holidays or maybe I'll be more motivated to stick to my diet.

We're going to be staying with my grandparents for more than a week over Christmas, so I'll be eating what my grandmother decides to serve. Luckily she is a really healthy person, but still I won't mess with counting calories while I'm a guest. Doing what I can and really making an effort for the holidays before we leave, just seems like a really good idea. Plus then I'll push myself to get used to this new Weight watchers program.

So what plans do you all have for the holidays?

Good cold snowy Monday morning everyone!

Well, I've stayed the same weight since I last posted which isn't bad but doesn't get me closer to my goal!

I went to WW last week and got introduced to the new plan but they didn't have any of the new calculators which made it really hard to follow the plan this week. I should be able to get one tonight. If not I won't pay for the meeting and just come home and join online so that I can download it on my droid. Whichever, but I will have everything I need by the end of the night so that I can be on plan.

We took the plunge yesterday and booked an eight day on the Carnival Freedom for our 25th anniversary in October! Now I really want to be at goal so I can wear some smoking hot dresses! I wouldn't mind a decent bathing suit either!

Anyone been on the Freedom? The stops are Cozumel (been there), Limon-Costa Rica and Colon-Panama. So very excited!

Hope everyone is safe, warm and has a great week.

My stats are as follows:

5'4" medium frame

194 start

182 current

136 goal

Good Monday afternoon everyone. No snow here today, but lots and lots of rain.

I had a great week last week and hope to be able to keep myself under control over the holidays. Especially since my inlaws like to have several special family meal gatherings over the weekend.(four to be exact at this point, but I feel a brunch being worked in there too.) At least with my family we had Christmas dinner yesterday, so that I can hopfully work off this week. We live all over, so we get together a couple weeks before Christmas, so everyone can afford to be there.

Wishing everyone a great week.

Hi All,

I am sailing the end of June, I need to drop some weight. I am hoping that I can eat on the cruise and still fit in my clothes by the end of the cruise. I am also hoping to wear previously worn dresses for this cruise.

I am going to have to lose weight by how my clothes fit. I have realized that when I "weigh" myself, I tend to blow it. Either I gain a pound or two and get upset and give up, or I lose a few pounds and get cocky and eat more. So this time I am trying to avoid the scale altogether and go by how my clothes feel. I am walking about an hour a day, two 30 minute stints, and yesterday I jumped back on to my wii fit. I also hit it today as well.

I am glad to have found this page, it will help as we are trying to have cruise-ready bodies. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I have a ton of family in town and am sooo busy! DH and I are joining the YMCA after Christmas and I will have time to restart WW. I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I'll be back in communicato next week!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I recently bought a new formal dress on ebay, but when I got it and tried it on it turned out to be too tight, couldn't even get it zipped!!!

Been cutting back on what I eat for about 4 weeks and on WW for 2 weeks I've only lost 6 lbs, decided to try it on again today. Well at least now I can get it zipped, it's still quite snug, but getting better. Made me happy, since I was a bit dissappoined in the weight loss. I can also "fit" into another formal dress I am hoping to wear for a vow renewal on our cruise in Sept.

I'm feeling a lot better now, sometimes it's not the pounds but the inches lost.

Get ready for a roll call to Boot Camp after the holidays. I'm sure that we're all going to be ready for the proverbial kick in the butt after Christmas!

Congrats on getting the dress zipped! That's awesome. You'll have to take it to a tailor to have it taken in once all the high calorie "interference" is over! ;)

See you guys next week!!!

Well, I have not been good at all, I just bought me a bag of oreo cookies for dinner. I just do not think that I am in the right mind set at all because my cruise is still a year away. Maybe I need to think of a shorter goal term.

Congratulations to eveyone who is doing well :).

Hope everyone had a wonderful and Merry Christmas.

It was a tough week, but I worked out hard and managed to pull off a loss. My cruise is in less than two weeks so this really helps one keep on track. I am at a total weight loss of 37.5lbs and would be totally esstatic if I could loose 40lbs before I leave. Mind if I don't I am still very, very happy with my success as it stands.

Thank you all for the support and friendship along the way. I am looking forward to continuing this journey with you all in the new year, as I am sure there will be another cruise in which I must get ready for :)

Hope everyone had a wonderful and Merry Christmas.

It was a tough week, but I worked out hard and managed to pull off a loss. My cruise is in less than two weeks so this really helps one keep on track. I am at a total weight loss of 37.5lbs and would be totally esstatic if I could loose 40lbs before I leave. Mind if I don't I am still very, very happy with my success as it stands.

Thank you all for the support and friendship along the way. I am looking forward to continuing this journey with you all in the new year, as I am sure there will be another cruise in which I must get ready for :)

Congrats!!! You are awesome!! Can't wait to be where you are!

Hi all,

We just got back from Hawaii and I got the pictures back...and they really highlight my weight gain. About 3 years ago I lost 25 pounds and have now gained 20 of them back. I would like to lose 20 pounds for a cruise we have in Sept. and it just seems so much harder this time. I really need this board. Good luck everyone!

Archived