Popular Hawaii Souvenirs?

cleobella

Hummm yes. I took some lava rocks way back when,,, and had bad bad luck. I finally mailed them back to the Volcano National Park office... And shortly after I got a job offer from a Hawaii business. So I am afraid I do believe in it. Bac -chi.. Pay back. Call it what you will. Don't take any of Madam Pele's stuff.

• 1 month later...

Got back last month from b2b on POAm. The most popular item I brought back was lei kits. They are available from the ship and they sell them after lei classes and on Friday. Our friends loved the opportunity to make their own lei and because of the different kits they mixed shells and kukui nuts.

We bought coffee in Kona, Macademia nuts in different flavors in Hilo, and Christmas ornaments and Hawaiian shirts in Honolulu and Mauai. However, the best souvenir I came home with was the wonderful digital photo album I made with the Picaboo program. Other programs are available, including one sold on the ship, but I like Picaboo. :) Memories to last a lifetime......

I purchased Alaea Sea Salt from the ABC Store. It is a coral colored large grain sea salt. It is just beautiful and tastes great. To go with it, I purchased a small bamboo salt box from Hilo Hati.

ABC store also has a very tasty poke mix that you take home and just add fresh fish. These both make great gifts. I will be buying more on my next trip in April!

Judy

Archived