Does Carnival use Spies ???

Captain Funtime

so often, I am asked that quite alot. Of course my answer is.."If I am a "spy", I would never tell. I belong to several secret shopper companies. It can be somewhat lucrative and brings alot of perks.I've been doing it for about 10 years. I have friends who do it as well. Sis and I belong to online "survey" groups. That earns points which translated to dollars (on cash cards). she is ahead of me by over $650!. gotta get busy catchng up!

I've done secret shopping for banks, restaurants, etc - it would be pretty smart for Carnival to do that - but it wouldn't be practical - the shopper would only get to know the staff assigned to their table, stateroom, etc. However, if they ever decide to be impractical - I'd volunteer. As a secret shopper, I usually got reimbursed for my meal plus a small stipend ($25-$50 per assignment).

I'd be happy to be reimbursed for my meal at the steakhouse, have my initial deposit covered, or just my fare, or even an on board credit - and I'd gladly volunteer to secret shop each drink of the day and multiple shore excursions.

Just sayin' ...:p

Do cruise lines (Carnival) send "shoppers" on cruises to keep current on the competition ?

Great question!:D

And yes they do! I found out a couple of weeks ago that a gal that left our company went to a cruise line and she travels all the time comparing the lines!

Thats a job i want!!!:D:D

I've been a secret shopper for 16+ yrs now and work for several different companies. Just 1 time I actually saw a shop for a cruise line. They wanted someone to travel on a NCL cruise and it was quite an extensive and detailed project. Of course there were MANY people that requested this shop and I of course was not the one chosen! :(

Archived