Returning guests programs

arucruzn

I hope that the upgrade of the program resembles RCI's plan. I believe with RCI that days at sea and cabin type are considered. I don't believe that Carnival's qualification at 10 cruises is fair. One can reach platinum with 10 three day cruises = 30 sea days. If one cruises 10 seven day cruises = 70 sea days. RCI also, I believe, gives weighted credit for cabin type.

RCL only gives a extra credit for lenth if the cruise is more 12 days or more .. so most of Carnival's cruises wouldnt ever get the extra credit anyway, except for TAs mostly. Maybe a few magic cruises in Europe.

JS and higher on RCL gets the extra credit as well.

If you are diamond, and cruise RCL this Dec, you get a extra cruise credit. (boy I wish I were diamond, I need 2 more credits)

You're right. Why should it be fair?

In all fairness, this doesnt stop someone getting full credit for a 2 day cruise to nowhere or a 7 day. Its all the same. Carnival has so few longer cruises, 12 days and more, I cant see the need to match RCL's program .. though it would be nice on some other stuff.

In all fairness, this doesnt stop someone getting full credit for a 2 day cruise to nowhere or a 7 day. Its all the same. Carnival has so few longer cruises, 12 days and more, I cant see the need to match RCL's program .. though it would be nice on some other stuff.

I tend to agree. That being said, I don't think it has to do with matching RCCL's program rather than a much needed update to a stale program. I personally care more about changes to the rewards and options rather than changes to how they measure attainment.

I read that RCCL has removed parts of their past quest program. :eek:

With only about 65 days until the end of the year we should be hearing from Carnival about the enhanced past guest program soon. I think ten cruises is a good amount to reach platinum. I don’t plan on being at platinum lever for a few years. My grandson will be platinum before he has to pay for his cruises. :)

For us the fun is getting there and not the destination. Carnival is upgrading their past guest program at the end of this year. I was told we should be pleasantly surprised with the new program. :rolleyes: I couldn’t get any details. So I guess we will wait until the end of the year and see what materializes. I’m hoping for reserved deck chairs. :D I don't think that will happen though. :cool:

If you look back:

New guy on board at Carnival and they were upgrading and changes coming the end of the year 2008

Same guy a year later at Carnival and they were upgrading and changes coming the end of the year 2009

Same guy and another year gone by....

.......now 2010, I'll believe it when I see it...:rolleyes:

If you look back:

New guy on board at Carnival and they were upgrading and changes coming the end of the year 2008

Same guy a year later at Carnival and they were upgrading and changes coming the end of the year 2009

Same guy and another year gone by....

.......now 2010, I'll believe it when I see it...:rolleyes:

They are working on the Past Guest program and there's a fair chance we may see something by the end of the year... but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it took quite a bit longer.

Jim Berra has been working on it at almost a background level since he joined Carnival a few years ago. Now, there's quite a bit more emphasis on it.

Time will tell...

:)

Archived