New on line checkin

BumperII

Has anyone done an online check in lately? We just spent nearly an hour going through it for our upcoming cruise on the Westerdam!

HAL seems to have lost most of our recent information. When the blocks came up they were either outdated info over three years old that I've updated at least twice, or blank.

By the time we completed it, we had to enter our home address, phone number and credit card info three times, and several other items at least twice.

They are asking for a lot more info than the last time, and pushing yet another credit card in the process. It is no longer just a check in, they are forcing you to do a marketing survey and read a sales pitch as well.

The process really surprised me. Other than the fact that it is a little tedious, it isn't really a problem. I guess I just expected better from HAL.

Has anyone done an online check in lately? We just spent nearly an hour going through it for our upcoming cruise on the Westerdam!

HAL seems to have lost most of our recent information. When the blocks came up they were either outdated info over three years old that I've updated at least twice, or blank.

By the time we completed it, we had to enter our home address, phone number and credit card info three times, and several other items at least twice.

They are asking for a lot more info than the last time, and pushing yet another credit card in the process. It is no longer just a check in, they are forcing you to do a marketing survey and read a sales pitch as well.

The process really surprised me. Other than the fact that it is a little tedious, it isn't really a problem. I guess I just expected better from HAL.

That's strange...We did our on line check in weeks ago & had no problem... When did this new format start?

We have friends on the Noordam on Nov 23 & I'll be doing their on-line check in for them next weekend..

Hope I won't have a problem with it.. :eek:

Cheers....:)Betty

Hi BumperII

DH and I checked in on-line yesterday and all went very smooth. Only took us about 10 or 15 minutes. We just said no to the credit card offer. Sorry to read about your experience. Perhaps HAL server was down? Happy Sails!

Hmmmm... I just did most of our on line check in for the 1st leg of our September Alaska cruise and did not have any of the problems you've described.... Now I am confused.... But, at least all my info was/is current and all I have to add is our Flight info and then I am finished:) (with the 1st week.:D

BTW, the only info not saved is our Emergency Contact person and our Credit Card info.. Pass Port was there as was addresses and phone numbers.

Joanie

Took me all of about 10 to 15 minutes. I thought it actually went very smoothly. I don't remember how much of the information was old or carryover from previous cruises but I don't recall any problems with it but nothing has changed since our last cruise a couple of years ago.

Hi BumperII

DH and I checked in on-line yesterday and all went very smooth. Only took us about 10 or 15 minutes. We just said no to the credit card offer. Sorry to read about your experience. Perhaps HAL server was down? Happy Sails!

Hmmmm... I just did most of our on line check in for the 1st leg of our September Alaska cruise and did not have any of the problems you've described.... Now I am confused.... But, at least all my info was/is current and all I have to add is our Flight info and then I am finished:) (with the 1st week.:D

BTW, the only info not saved is our Emergency Contact person and our Credit Card info.. Pass Port was there as was addresses and phone numbers.

Joanie

Phew...Thank you Seavoyage & Joanie,

Hopefully, it was just an anomaly...;). Plan on doing our Friends this weekend & will have to put everything in for them, as this is their first cruise on HAL & their computer is not working! :eek:

I'm excited that they will be joining us on the last 20 days of our cruise..

Cheers....:)Betty

Just did ours an hour ago. No real problem. It had some info from our recent cruise (Aug-Sept), but required some info. Our next cruise is a B2B with two booking numbers, and all info transferred to the second booking number, except credit card info.

Yes there was a sales pitch for their credit card, just before you enter the credit card info. Oddly, they didn't try to sell their credit card before the second time I had to enter our card number.

I added our flight information ot our on-line check-in late last week. As far as I was concerned, it went quickly and easily. Not having to enter duplicate information for each of us (address, flights, emergency contact....) made things quite nice.

I checked in last week with no problems and this is our first cruise ever. I didn't get any sales pitch but maybe that is due to us being in Australia. After some previous posts about the problems with online checkin I was expecting problems but I think it was all done in abaout 15 minutes which included having to pull out the passports (which were returned to their correct place:))

Thankyou everyone for your responses. I just did the on line checkin for the Maasdam over Christmas and New Years.

And I figured out some of what I did wrong on the Westerdam check in.

When the screen first comes up I should have checked both passengers in stead of one at a time. After checking both, it went pretty smoothly, and this time there was no credit card sales pitch.

But................. I must be getting old. By the time I got all that information together, passports, flight info, emergency notification and the credit card, it still took me about thirty five minutes.

Anyway, thanks for the info. We are now good to go for the next two cruises. :D

Archived