Our Epic Review

Bgem75

Can someone who has been on the Epic answer a question for me, please?

I am interested in perhaps going solo at sometime in the future and trying out the studio cabin. My one concern is perhaps the noise level of the common area at night when I am trying to sleep. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Kathy

I am interested in perhaps going solo at sometime in the future and trying out the studio cabin. My one concern is perhaps the noise level of the common area at night when I am trying to sleep. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Kathy

I'm not sure what common area you are referring to - is it the Living Room or something else? I had a studio which was located mid on deck 11. I did have a bit of a walk to get to the living room, but that wasn't bad. Also the studio area now requires your key card to gain access so it was like having a part of the ship all to yourself (well and all the other studio people). I didn't find it noisy at all at any time of the day or night. I doubt very much there is much activity in the living room late at night either and only people in Studios can access it anyway. The bar is only open for an hour a day, during the solo gathering (5:30 to 6:30 pm). Other than that there is sandwiches and salads/vegies, cookies and coffee/tea available. In the morning they have cereal, and other items for breakfast (I can't remember what they were since I didn't eat there at any time). I really loved the studio, it was a lot roomier than I thought it would be. Perfect for one person.

Thanks.

Kathy

I'm confused on the "common area" as well. Are you talking about the Livingroom for the people staying in the studios? I was on the 12th deck down the hall from there and didn't hear a thing. Although I was not next door to it, so it's hard to say if you would hear anything then. I do know that when we sailed, they would have different events for the people staying in the studios to meet there and get to know each other and so on. But, nothing that I'm aware of during the evening hours that would disturb you. I know every time that we EVER walked in there, there was never anyone in there. So, unless things have changed.... it's pretty quiet.

As for the rooms, we didn't hear any noise from the hallways or anything. It was really quiet. Never heard any of the neighbors either. The ONLY noise we hear was the cruise directors and all his announcements and when we pulled into port once with the engines.

I'm not sure what common area you are referring to - is it the Living Room or something else? I had a studio which was located mid on deck 11. I did have a bit of a walk to get to the living room, but that wasn't bad. Also the studio area now requires your key card to gain access so it was like having a part of the ship all to yourself (well and all the other studio people). I didn't find it noisy at all at any time of the day or night. I doubt very much there is much activity in the living room late at night either and only people in Studios can access it anyway. The bar is only open for an hour a day, during the solo gathering (5:30 to 6:30 pm). Other than that there is sandwiches and salads/vegies, cookies and coffee/tea available. In the morning they have cereal, and other items for breakfast (I can't remember what they were since I didn't eat there at any time). I really loved the studio, it was a lot roomier than I thought it would be. Perfect for one person.

Yes, that's the area I mean. I forgot what it was called. It seemed to be marketed as a "party" area for young people staying in the studios, and that scared me a bit.

I just might try it. Thanks.

Kathy

You prove the point - if you go expecting to have a good time and enjoy yourself, you usually do:) Happy cruising!

That is how we are. We dont let things get to us...we are on vacation!!

We only get one week a year to do something like this alone with no kids!! So we make the most of it!

Archived