Half Moon Cay Stop

arucruzn

every ship has an itinerary, and Carnival is not the only company using the island. If you want to go to HMC, select that ship with that itinerary, but know that it gets missed sometimes. Took us three cruises before we made it.

What is the reason for Carnival not to let ALL their ships stop at Half Moon Cay? Going on the Sensation and no stop in HMC, but 2 days in Nassau????:confused: I will gladly give up both days to spend in HMC.

And you're not really in Nassau for 2 days ... it's actually from 6am to 6am.

There really isn't room there for more than 1 ship - although I have seen 2 ships scheduled. This island was originally purchased and developed by HAL, and now that Carnival owns them, they get to use the island - however I believe that first dibs go to HAL ships.

What is the reason for Carnival not to let ALL their ships stop at Half Moon Cay? Going on the Sensation and no stop in HMC, but 2 days in Nassau????:confused: I will gladly give up both days to spend in HMC.

I've often wondered the same thing. On our HAL cruise HMC was my favorite port. There is so much to do and the beach is amazing. It really is a shame that only one ship can be there at a time, but as small as it is I can't imagine they could handle more than one ship a day. The Legend out of Tampa is varying it's itinerary in May 2011 and HMC is a scheduled port....seriously thinking of booking it now.

Archived