Hotels in Miami with beach front?

Cozzette2

:DI am just remembering this last Feb. when we were in Ft. lauderdale and it was freakishly cold. I had to buy a sweatshirt. But then this last winter was bazzaro everywhere.

Thanks for the encouragement, the more beach days the better:)

Kris

:DI am just remembering this last Feb. when we were in Ft. lauderdale and it was freakishly cold. I had to buy a sweatshirt. But then this last winter was bazzaro everywhere.

Thanks for the encouragement, the more beach days the better:)

Kris

Last winter for the first time in record keeping history, all 50 states had snow on the ground at the same time.

It was bizzaro!

I am looking at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay and wondering does it have a beach front?

Any recomendations for one that would. We are going in Jan. and maybe it would be too cold to use one anyway:D

I have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and it is in downtown Miami, not on the beach. There is a Marriott on the beach if you want to look into that one, or check out the Sagamore. It is right on the beach and within walking distance to dining and shopping.

Thanks all for your help. I am looking at maps trying to get a feel for the different areas. The big desicions are should we book close to the action and take taxis from the airport and then back to the port or a hotel with free shuttles from airport and to port and taxis to get to the action. It is sure a darn good thing I have some time to figure it all out and in the end I am sure it will all be good, heck, we are in Miami going on a cruise:D

Well, I am 60 so the "action has to start at earlybird dinning and be done by 9:D No, I am just thinking some shopping, cute shops, dinner somewhere kind of unique.

We stayed in Ft. Lauderdale this year and some family took us to Lauderdale by the Sea and a really popular restaurant on the beach. That to me is the "action" and we had a blast.

I don't need South Beach night clubs, besides, they don't even open until I am sound asleep.

I just want to see some of Miami, beaches and maybe Coral Gables.

Thanks so much for your help.

Kris

Well, I am 60 so the "action has to start at earlybird dinning and be done by 9:D

Bwahahaha!! *sniffle* U funny. :D

Gotcha.

To answer your original question, Marriott Biscayne Bay is a great property, but not on the beach. We stayed there a few years ago and enjoyed it very much. The grounds are great and the pool area is nice. It is a 100% non-smoking property. If you book, ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the water. It's wonderful.

From there we took a cab to South Beach, $20.00 each way.

This for Cozzette2, We booked the Courtyard oceanfront many months ago on the senior rate. It is beachfront. Our Sr. rate was $125. I felt lucky to get that for January 20-22. That's a big season for them. It's more in the North beach area. South Beach is just a bus ride or taxi ride away. Not far.

Cozzette...........Go to Lincoln Road Mall which is an outdoor pedestrian shopping/dining area that is unique. There are tons of restaurants there for dinner. When I stayed at the Sagamore it was only a couple blocks walk to get there.

Also the Sagamore is unique in itself.

• 2 weeks later...
This for Cozzette2, We booked the Courtyard oceanfront many months ago on the senior rate. It is beachfront. Our Sr. rate was $125. I felt lucky to get that for January 20-22. That's a big season for them. It's more in the North beach area. South Beach is just a bus ride or taxi ride away. Not far.

Actually the Courtyard Marriot Miami Beach is Mid Beach not North Beach.

Archived