Princess Web Site Bug - NON TRIVIAL

AndyTheK

I'm looking for either of two answers for a bug (or "feature" depending on how the web page is designed;)) in the princess.com web site.. The symptom is that I do not see my Circle Savings when I am logged in to My Princess. The section is simply not there, nor is the link there when I go to the Captain's Circle link. Aboard the Crown a couple of weeks ago, I spoke to the Capt. Circle desk... she verified the situation but was completely stumped. I called 1-800-PRINCESS - not "free" from where I live - and spoke to the Captain's Circle: they also verified it, but had no clue and said they would "refer it to someone who could look at it". No response, not even an acknowledgment that someone has seen the problem request.

As always, when something doesn't display correctly, I suspect it is related to the fact that although I am a US citizen, I don't live in the US, UK, Canada, or Australia. So, I "lied" and changed my address on my profile to a valid US address, and then - voila - I had the links, and the data displayed correctly (FCCs still unused and correct OBC for my next cruise).

I'd like to resolve this. Can anyone here give me a reliable email address for someone in the IT department who actually knows what the web site is about? Not a "support" individual who doesn't know anything about the programming, and and what it SHOULD do. If you don't want to publish this publicly, you can email me at cruise@andythek.com .

Alternatively, does anyone know with certainty how Princess USES the address in my profile. For example, does this data somehow wind up at Immigration or DHS? I'd hate to be involved in a problem because the data there is incorrect. I have no intention of booking online, so that's not an issue. I book either on board, or through a US TA who knows my correct location.

Meanwhile, I've changed it back to my correct address.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA and shalom, Andy.

I have no such name to pass on to you.

Maybe your USA based Travel Agent can make a call on your behalf.

I agree. Try your USA Travel Agent to see what they can find out. I think it will be difficult for you to get a name of one of Princess' IT Programmers and even if you did, they may not be aware of why Princess may have restricted certain fields based on your location or may not be at liberty to disclose proprietary information to you.

Best of luck

Hi Andy and Joann. Glad you are back home safely and still hanging around Princess. Going to Vegas next week so will have to do until can get to cruise again. Probably going to stay home for most of the winter as Walter has to have a stage 1 cancer cured and then we will be off again. Blessings. Barbara

Thanks to all who have answered.

Hi,

I think only US citizens (i.e. adresses) get access to these Circle details as they are not applied in the the UK (no FCC shown or OBC's).

There's the rub: we are citizens (US passports) but not residents (we live outside the USA). Our login goes to Princess USA (not UK or Australia). If I book direct with no TA, calls to 1-800-PRINCESS (USA) are handled without problems. When it comes to deposit, cancellation, etc, we receive he same conditions as all US people do! The problem is that on the Web, we have fallen through the cracks.

To all who suggested our TA, I am saving that as a last resort.

Hi Andy and Joann. Glad you are back home safely and still hanging around Princess. Going to Vegas next week so will have to do until can get to cruise again. Probably going to stay home for most of the winter as Walter has to have a stage 1 cancer cured and then we will be off again. Blessings. Barbara
Let me add our wishes for Walter. We were planning to hop over to Cyprus in December for our 10th anniversary, but decided to "play tourist at home" instead: we'll do three nights in one of the Tel Aviv five star hotels, and skip the flights!

Shalom, ANdy.

Andy, a question for you, we're thinking of coming to Israel, and then taking a quick trip to Cyprus from there, How expensive are the flights from Tel Aviv? Is there much to do/see in Cyprus. We love Israel, have been there twice before, and thinking maybe Cyprus will be interesting. Appreciate any thoughts, (my email is kds32057@comcast.net)

Kathy

Andy' date=' a question for you, we're thinking of coming to Israel, and then taking a quick trip to Cyprus from there, How expensive are the flights from Tel Aviv? Is there much to do/see in Cyprus. We love Israel, have been there twice before, and thinking maybe Cyprus will be interesting. Appreciate any thoughts, (my email is kds32057@comcast.net)

Kathy

Hi Kathy. Answered by email. Andy.

Archived