Solstice TA October 2011 Code Red

dmk

Does anyone in the know have an idea why the Solstice, 10/23/11 shows sold out? It had lots of cabins yesterday!

Hi Dmk !

I've noticed a number of sailings are Stop Sell as of this afternoon :

Constellation : 10/25/11, 11/5/11, 11/19/11

Solstice : All sailings from 10/23/11 - 12/4/11

Equinox : 11/7/11, 11/21/11, 12/2/11

It's not a redeployment or Charter, as all sailings are available beyond the dates listed above. Hopefully, we will hear from Celebrity soon. Stay Tuned !

Hi Dmk !

It's not a redeployment or Charter, as all sailings are available beyond the dates listed above. Hopefully, we will hear from Celebrity soon. Stay Tuned !

Thanks Andy I was freaking out a bit since I am booked on Solstice 11/6/11.

It could very well be schedule changes. Keeping the ships in Europe longer.... or shorter.. thus having to Code Red the sailings until they get it all sorted out.

Hopefully, can find out more when Inventory is open in the am.

Hi Dmk !

Looking forward to hearing what's going on since we have friends on the Equinox TA.

We will be interested since we are on the Christmas cruise in AQ; and, I did note a few days ago that that category was sold out, but that other categories were still available. Of course, we are already paid in full.

I would guess that this is probably nothing more than a computer glitch.

My earlier presentation referred to our Christmas cruise for this year. However, we are also booked on the Dec. 2, 2011, cruise on the Equinox; hence, we hope that this matter is nothing more than a computer glitch. On the other hand, we get the same result by accessing the web site for our travel agency.

My earlier presentation referred to our Christmas cruise for this year. However, we are also booked on the Dec. 2, 2011, cruise on the Equinox; hence, we hope that this matter is nothing more than a computer glitch. On the other hand, we get the same result by accessing the web site for our travel agency.

The referenced sailings above have all been put on stop sell aka code red. It is not a glitch.

It means no more sales until corporate completes whatever it is they are doing with the sailings. I suspect itinerary changes.

Has this happened before? I have 2 cabins booked and we booked early for location and prices have gone up since we booked so I'm curious as to what is going on. Our cruise is the first winter 2011 Caribbean for Solstice. Whatever -- it's a year away so we will go with flow.

Code Red = they stop selling because they are [a] adjusting the prices changing the itinerary by altering a port [c] redeploying the ship - moving it totally somewhere else or [d] setting up a charter.

Stop sell is never done for price adjustment.

That is pretty interesting.... apparently the only TA itinerary that is ok that time is the one we booked yesterday on the Eclipse out of Southampton 10/30/11.

We haven't put a deposit down on it yet... I wonder if we should wait to see if there are any imminent changes.

That is pretty interesting.... apparently the only TA itinerary that is ok that time is the one we booked yesterday on the Eclipse out of Southampton 10/30/11.

We haven't put a deposit down on it yet... I wonder if we should wait to see if there are any imminent changes.

If you do book this cruise, come on over to the Roll Call. We have a huge group booked on this cruise and a healthy Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1166949&page=104

It's not just Port Everglades sailings. The 25th October on the Constellation is a Istanbul to Barcelona sailing - it's on hold at the moment too. I hope it's not being cancelled as it's a brilliant itinerary that we booked as soon as it was announced!

Let us hope that they are not adjusting the elite or AQ perks.

It seems to be all itineraries using Port Everglades. I wonder if they have scheduled too many ships into the port:confused:

Beth

Good Morning Jackdiamond & BettyCruiser !

I can assure you it's neither of those reasons. Hopefully, we will hear from Celebrity soon. Stay Tuned !

Archived