Sailing on Jewel Oct 31 - still no GTY cabin assignment yet...is this a good thing?

bobbygirl

We often book GTY, went for "N" this time around. We're not very fussy about where our cabin is, but have always received the assignment WAY ahead of time. DH thinks it may be a good thing being assigned so late...maybe a nice upgrade is in the offing! This is our 5th cruise with NCL. Any thoughts out there?

Also, is the $99 spa pass worth the money? I'm tempted... :rolleyes:

Only done GTY once before and we received our cabin assignment ahead of time too, but from what I've read, your situation is not unusual. Even when cabins are assigned in advance, they are always subject to change up until you check in at the port. You may not get assigned to something until then, either. If you're really concerned, you could call NCL (or your travel agent) to make sure everything is in order, but it's probably ok. Hope you do get lucky and end up with a nice upgrade :)

Well, it's been sold out for a couple of weeks, I think, and the only thing left are suites, going for $7,000. I hope they have some upsells and upgrades, which would book you up as well, right? I'm very nervous about this cruise - it started with low prices - I wonder if they know it's almost a vacation week for NJ schools? There are going to be tons of kids onboard (including my 5 - I'll be hiding in my cabin).

We often book GTY, went for "N" this time around. We're not very fussy about where our cabin is, but have always received the assignment WAY ahead of time. DH thinks it may be a good thing being assigned so late...maybe a nice upgrade is in the offing! This is our 5th cruise with NCL. Any thoughts out there?

Also, is the $99 spa pass worth the money? I'm tempted... :rolleyes:

bobbygirl,

I have sailed with NCL using the gty most of the time. Usually you do get your cabin assignment by now, but I had a couple of times that I didn't find out the room # until I went to check in for boarding. I am not fussy about the cabin either and have ended up from deck 4 to deck 11 in the past using the gty. Good luck on moving up to a better cabin.

I'm cool with getting my room assignment with my keycard, but what about our luggage? We usually drop it with the porters, with the room number on the tags. Do we keep our luggage with us (unwieldy as it is) or is there another place to drop it for "unassigned" passengers where it will be sorted by name?

Sounds safer to keep it close, methinks...:eek:

• 2 months later...
I'm cool with getting my room assignment with my keycard, but what about our luggage? We usually drop it with the porters, with the room number on the tags. Do we keep our luggage with us (unwieldy as it is) or is there another place to drop it for "unassigned" passengers where it will be sorted by name?

Sounds safer to keep it close, methinks...:eek:

I'm wondering the same thing. Going on the Gem in february, no cabin assigned yet. If no cabin is assigned ahead of time, what should then be written on the luggage tags? Thanks

I'm wondering the same thing. Going on the Gem in february, no cabin assigned yet. If no cabin is assigned ahead of time, what should then be written on the luggage tags? Thanks

Roxette,

I have had that happen a couple of times as I didn't get the cabin number before sailing. One time I had luggage tags that just had GTY on them and the other time they were blank, so I wrote GTY on them. My luggage made it to the cabin both times, so I hope this helps you. Happy sailing.

Roxette,

I have had that happen a couple of times as I didn't get the cabin number before sailing. One time I had luggage tags that just had GTY on them and the other time they were blank, so I wrote GTY on them. My luggage made it to the cabin both times, so I hope this helps you. Happy sailing.

Thank you very much for your response.

Archived