Egypt Post 10/29/11 Cruise

vakamalua

We are booked on the Istanbul-Safaga 10/29/11 cruise (first on Regent). We are also booked on the included 3-day post-cruise stay in Egypt.

When I try to bring up the details for the post-cruise on the Regent website link (below), nothing comes up. I emailed Regent a week ago asking to be forwarded the details since their link doesn't work but never heard from them. I guess I will contact my TA but was just wondering if anyone else has been able to access the details (also, is ignoring emails is SOP for Regent?).

http://www.rssc.com/media/hostedfiles/spotlight/MKFL10682SafagaPrePost.pdf

Not sure I understand the problem unless your computer has issues downloading direct links to PDF files. The link you provided opened a two-page PDF document explaining the itinerary. The "meat" of the document for the one you (and we) are on is...

Saturday, November 12 – Overnight in Luxor

Disembarkation at Safaga port and drive three hours to Luxor. Lunch will be served at your hotel followed by a visit of Luxor and Karnak temples. Enjoy a sound and light show at Karnak temple. Dinner will be served.

Sunday, November 13 – Overnight in Cairo

Morning breakfast buffet. Visit the Valley of the Kings, Habu temple with a photo stop at Hatshepsut Temple & Colossi of Memnon. Lunch will be served at your hotel followed by check out. Fly to Cairo, proceed to your hotel. Check in and dinner will be served at your hotel.

Monday, November 14 – Overnight in Cairo

Morning breakfast. Visit of the Citadel & Mohamed Ali mosque, the Pyramids, Sphinx and the Egyptian museum, lunch will be served. Back to your hotel.

Dinner will be served.

Tuesday, November 15

Morning breakfast, check out and proceed to the Cairo airport for final departure according to your flight schedule.

Hope that helps.

As to the ? of Regent responding to emails, I have given up. I have emailed them on at least 2 occasions, and they have never responded. The last time was over 2 weeks ago, and I have yet to hear from them.

I'm glad the on-board experience far exceeds their land-based communication!:)

Why not have your TA do all this research for you?

While that is a good idea and will probably get an answer sooner, why does regent have a way to send messages directly to themselves and then fail to respond. Know regent is trying to make their communications more user friendly and responsive to their customers but, appears at this point that any improvement is very slow in coming. Still waiting for any response, apology, or explanation for the debacle in Beijing a month ago.

Hope we hear somethng this year to resolve the issues for about 350 of us.

Archived