Pearl stern BA's 8634 Bliss Noise/Vibration

kjquilts

Just returned from 10/24 cruise on the Pearl with my 82 year old mother.

Before booking 8634 which is directly over Bliss i did search re noise and/or vibration and found nothing negative. I'm here with a friendly warning that unless you plan on relaxing or actually sleeping in your stateroom during the hours the band or dj plays (until approx 2:30 am) do not book either 8634 or 8134 next door.

When the band starts playing the stateroom floor and walls literally shake from the bass vibration. It is not minor faint in the background sound - it is loud and painful. You can hear and sad lol feel the music/drums and make out the song words. Opening the balcony door does not help. NCL did send someone to the stateroom who agreed vibration and noise level were unacceptable and said they'd ask band to turn bass down. This helped a little and after band stopped and dj started up although we could still hear we were able to get some sleep.

Over next two days I worked with reception desk, hotel director and guest services manager. We were first offered a move to side BA but my mom has severe short term memory loss and couldn't remember band/sleepless nights and couldn't understand why i'd want to give up wonderful stern stateroom. NCL was kind enough to give us a "sleeping side BA" and allow us to keep the stern BA for daytime use. I'm sure the accomodation was due to my mom's age and condition and would not count on this happening again.

Think these two staterooms should be sold with the caveat that they're for partiers who don't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning or those who love the loud rock music.

Before booking 8634 which is directly over Bliss i did search re noise and/or vibration and found nothing negative. I'm here with a friendly warning that unless you plan on relaxing or actually sleeping in your stateroom during the hours the band or dj plays (until approx 2:30 am) do not book either 8634 or 8134 next door.

When the band starts playing the stateroom floor and walls literally shake from the bass vibration. It is not minor faint in the background sound - it is loud and painful. You can hear and sad lol feel the music/drums and make out the song words. Opening the balcony door does not help. NCL did send someone to the stateroom who agreed vibration and noise level were unacceptable and said they'd ask band to turn bass down. This helped a little and after band stopped and dj started up although we could still hear we were able to get some sleep.

Over next two days I worked with reception desk, hotel director and guest services manager. We were first offered a move to side BA but my mom has severe short term memory loss and couldn't remember band/sleepless nights and couldn't understand why i'd want to give up wonderful stern stateroom. NCL was kind enough to give us a "sleeping side BA" and allow us to keep the stern BA for daytime use. I'm sure the accomodation was due to my mom's age and condition and would not count on this happening again.

Think these two staterooms should be sold with the caveat that they're for partiers who don't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning or those who love the loud rock music.

Unfortunate! In future just because you didn't find any info doesn't mean there is no noise issues. I find the search engine for CC doesn't work as good as it should.

We always never book rooms under or over a public area's and try to have a deck of cabins between us. So far so good.

We have booked stern 9174 for our next cruise on the Pearl - do you think the noise/vibration will extend that far?

We still have time to change our cabin, but I've always wanted to try a stern balcony cabin and would hate to change - but also would hate to have that noise/vibration problem!

Thanks for any info

We have booked stern 9174 for our next cruise on the Pearl - do you think the noise/vibration will extend that far?

We still have time to change our cabin, but I've always wanted to try a stern balcony cabin and would hate to change - but also would hate to have that noise/vibration problem!

Thanks for any info

This was my 4th stern cabin - previously had wonderful AC on Sun, AE on Star and BA on Epic. Stern is my favorite ship location. The noise and vibration were not from ships movement - they were from the band / dj's and speakers in Bliss. You would have the ba on deck 8 between you and Biss - whether that's enough I can't say.

For myself I know I'd never book stern ba on 8 on Pearl again, actually wouldn't book any stern stateroom on 8. Cruising with my husband I might take a chance on 9 thinking that with balcony door open for wake noise (which we enjoy) and with a "barrier" floor inbetween it should be ok.

We always never book rooms under or over a public area's and try to have a deck of cabins between us. So far so good.

I'm very sensitive to noise so I also generally look for cabins in "residential" areas i.e. away from public places with only cabins above and below.

Thanks for any info

We were in 9670 on Pearl last week. No noise. I don't think you'll have any problem with the Bliss noise in 9174 either.:)

Thanks for your replies. I am always very careful to book on a deck between residential decks also, dwjoe, and I chose this stern cabin on deck 9 because it also is between residential decks. Can't wait to listen to that wake noise! Thanks again.

Hello ERPA - Just read your post about Cabin 9174 on the Pearl. My husband and I will be in that cabin for the Western Carribean cruise at the end of January. I would be happy to let you know about our experience in that cabin upon return. Neither of us have cruised before and are travelling with friends who have. The entire experience will be new to me. I am also spending a lot of time on Cruise Critic researching cruising on the Pearl. The reviews are so up and down - not sure what to think. Any imput you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the post.

Eloradanan

Hi Eloradanan, I would very much appreciate any feedback about that cabin and about the Pearl in general after your cruise in January. I've never been on the Pearl, so can't comment on the ship, but most research I've done about the ship is very positive. So far the Spirit and the Sun are my favorites, so it will be interesting to be on a larger ship. Have a great cruise and enjoy that cabin! :D

• 1 month later...

Over next two days I worked with reception desk, hotel director and guest services manager. We were first offered a move to side BA but my mom has severe short term memory loss and couldn't remember band/sleepless nights and couldn't understand why i'd want to give up wonderful stern stateroom. NCL was kind enough t"o give us a "sleeping side BA" and allow us to keep the stern BA for daytime use. I'm sure the accomodation was due to my mom's age and condition and would not count on this happening again.

This should have said "unless you DON'T plan on relaxing or actually sleeping in your stateroom ......" - think you probably figured it out by the rest of our experience but thought i'd clarify for the record

makes me very sad to see another person just told by NCL no noise from Bliss in these staterooms why NCL would you do this it will be so obvious the very first evening band starts up

Thanks, Karen, for the info. Now I don't know what to do. I am pretty irritated at NCL for assuring us that there haven't been any noise complaints for 8134 because we specifically asked about this before booking. Not sure NCL will do anything but I think I will give them a call.

Archived