Smoking in Concierge Lounge

katiebeth

Greetings,

We are frequent cruisers and have cruised many times on Celebrity and are very familiar with their smoking policy. It appears that RCCL is more liberal in it's smoking policy and smoking is allowed in every lounge except the Champagne Bar. On Celebrity, smoking is prohibited in all lounges except for one.

We are booked in a suite and will have access to the Concierge Lounge. I was wondering if smoking is also allowed in this lounge? Also, would love any information on the amenities provided in the lounge.

It also appears that RCCL has designated pool areas for suite guests as well others perks. Any information on these additional perks would be greatly appreciated.

We are booked on the Freedom of the Seas in late May. We have 2 teenagers and think they will really enjoy all of the activities on board!!

Thank you and Happy Sailings,

Nancy

Greetings,

We are frequent cruisers and have cruised many times on Celebrity and are very familiar with their smoking policy. It appears that RCCL is more liberal in it's smoking policy and smoking is allowed in every lounge except the Champagne Bar. On Celebrity, smoking is prohibited in all lounges except for one.

We are booked in a suite and will have access to the Concierge Lounge. I was wondering if smoking is also allowed in this lounge? Also, would love any information on the amenities provided in the lounge.

It also appears that RCCL has designated pool areas for suite guests as well others perks. Any information on these additional perks would be greatly appreciated.

We are booked on the Freedom of the Seas in late May. We have 2 teenagers and think they will really enjoy all of the activities on board!!

Nancy

As far as I know, there is NO smoking in the Concierge Lounge :D

I am on the Freedom in 10 days and sailing in a suite - I will come back with a full report of perks :)

The only indoor lounge to allow smoking that I saw on the Freedom (last April) was a small area of Olive & Twist, about 5 small tables near the bar. There was also an area outside the Diamond Lounge through the sliding glass doors.

Greetings,

Nancy

Smoking is limited to balconies and outside on deck in specified areas. Very few lounges permit smoking.

Wow, thanks for the quick responses from all my cruise critic friends ....glad to know that smoking is more restrictive than what I had thought originally!

Ckrobyn ...Hope you have a wonderful cruise!! Please do report back on the cruise and perks!!

Happy Sailings,

Nancy

No smoking in the concierge lounge=katiebeth;26741197]Greetings,

Nancy

No smoking in the concierge lounge=katiebeth;26741197]Greetings,

Nancy

Smoking is not allowed in the Concierge Lounge.

Amenities in the CL :

Concierge available to assist with whatever i.e. last minute excursions & changes; on board issues; reservations; priority tickets for ice

skating show; etc.

24 hr. use of lounge even though he/she not present. Self service coffee,

espresso, cappuccino, ice

Continental breakfast, and hot and cold hors d'oeuvres in the evening

Open bar in the P.M.

Pre-ordering of dinner wine

Assistance with private parties

Can borrow CD's and DVD's during open hours

Other perks:

Priority check-in where available

Priority departure area, with continental breakfast in area

Reserved seating in main theater (must be there before show starts)

Comp pressing service for 1st formal night

Comp luggage valet service, where available

Private breakfast and lunch seating in specialty restaurant

Full B, L & D menus in room for room service

Robes & slippers (can keep slippers)

Upgraded bathroom amenities- lotion, bar soaps, shampoo, conditioner

Priority tender tickets on certain cruises

Can order games for in-room entertainment

Fresh fruit

2 or 3 plates of canapes during the week

Special invites to several happenings

If you're not sure, just ask the Concierge, and have a great cruise :)

Other perks:

:)

I thought this used to only apply to certain ships - does this apply to all ships now?

To clarify also - u pickup your food in the WJ and have to take it to the specialty restaurant area yourself..Do u get coffee/ tea there or have to bring that also?

Not much of a perk - now if they wld open the spec restaurants for at least breakfast (its only a lite continental in the CL) for suite pax that wld be a real perk..IMO anyway :)

Other perks:

:)

I thought this used to only apply to certain ships - does this apply to all ships now?

To clarify also - u pickup your food in the WJ and have to take it to the specialty restaurant area yourself..Do u get coffee/ tea there or have to bring that also?

Not much of a perk - now if they wld open the spec restaurants for at least breakfast (its only a lite continental in the CL) for suite pax that wld be a real perk..IMO anyway :)

As the Specialty Resturants entrances are in the windjammer, it is a great perk, when the windjammer is crowded, especially on a port day when everyone wants to eat breakfast before getting off

My understanding is that if they see you smoking, they will assume you're on fire and take necessary actions.

katiebeth welcome to Royal Caribbean. I've been lucky enough to have access to the Conciege Lounge twice and like you, we were glad to know that this is one loung where smoking is not allowed. I am not sure how the Concierge Lounges are on other ships but I can tell you that on The Voyager while very nice and comfortable it is small and enclosed . So as you can well imagine the smoke would have no place to go.

Enjoy the cruise.

Archived