Shore excursion from port

cccruisin

There were eleven of us on our tour with Private Greece Tours (Nikos Loukas). I'm not sure what his 2011 prices are, but we were well pleased with the per person price for our tour in September 2010 even with the addition of the private guide and the entrance fees for the museum. It was money well spent on a perfect day in Athens.

There were eleven of us on our tour with Private Greece Tours (Nikos Loukas). I'm not sure what his 2011 prices are, but we were well pleased with the per person price for our tour in September 2010 even with the addition of the private guide and the entrance fees for the museum. It was money well spent on a perfect day in Athens.

Thank you... Will send request for availability and itinerary.

We used Dennis at toursofathens.com. We were just two and he paired us up with 2 other couples so that we could economically use a private guide. He was great. We saw everything there was to see because we could zip around town and miss the crowds. Dennis speaks English very well and has a clean modern large car. He met us at the ship (we saw him from our balcony while we were docking) and took us right back to the gangway. We had a very wonderful day with Dennis. Give him a try!

• 3 months later...

My cruise ship will be stopping in Athens on June 18th and I'm researching tour options. One site I looked at, Private Greece Tours, included the following information, "By Greek law driver-guides can't accompany you inside the sites and tour-guides can't drive you around." Does anyone know if that is true ? If so, what experience/suggestions do others have ?

My cruise ship will be stopping in Athens on June 18th and I'm researching tour options. One site I looked at, Private Greece Tours, included the following information, "By Greek law driver-guides can't accompany you inside the sites and tour-guides can't drive you around." Does anyone know if that is true ? If so, what experience/suggestions do others have ?

As I indicated earlier we have Nikos and Private Greece Tours arranged for our stop for group of 9 in Athens. Nikos is getting us an additional guide (at additional cost) who will go with us and tour us around all the sites. I discussed it with him ahead of time. A driver can't be both driver and tour guide at the same time. Since we really want to see the highlights of the both museums and the Acropolis, we felt we would need someone to assist us through.

This is true in just about all of the European countries bordering the Med. Why do you think they are lying to you?????

As I indicated earlier we have Nikos and Private Greece Tours arranged for our stop for group of 9 in Athens. Nikos is getting us an additional guide (at additional cost) who will go with us and tour us around all the sites. I discussed it with him ahead of time. A driver can't be both driver and tour guide at the same time. Since we really want to see the highlights of the both museums and the Acropolis, we felt we would need someone to assist us through.

Thanks for the feedback, I've sent him an email with an inquiry for my stop in Athens

• 4 weeks later...

We went to the Parthenon first thing and missed the crowds, we saw the changing of the Guard at the palace from a side street, and were able to get up close and personal with the guards. This was very interesting pomp and circumstance. We toured the city and saw the Olympic Stadium first used in the modern Olympics, we went all the way to the top of the Hill of Lybeticus (sp?) and spent time in the Plaka after a great local lunch. We even had time to stop and buy some baklava.

Looking for recommendations of companies to do private shore excursion for 3-12 persons in Athens. Will be arriving in Athens, april 21 @ 10:30AM on Norwegian Jade. Will be a party of 4. Looking for best Private guided tour

Archived