Changing to higher category after payment

ellinger

This might be a silly question, but I tried to do a quick search on the forums, and didn't see anything. Sorry if this question has already been answered elsewhere.

Let's say I make a booking for an interior room for $900 because the balconies are just too much right now (i.e. $1500). However, closer to the cruise, I notice that balcony prices drop to $1200.

Am I able to pay the $300 dollar difference to change to the balcony category? Or once I've made the final payment, I'm stuck or need to pay some kind of penality to change?

And if I booked through a TA, will they be reluctant to do this request?

Thanks in advance.

Woot, thanks for the responses everyone!

Realllly want to get on Allure in Jan., so I'd rather have an inside room confirmed now (and maybe upgrade if prices drop), than risk not getting on the boat at all. :D

I went from an L-OCV to a D1 balcony, then "downgraded" to a center hump, and got the money back I paid for the D1 as OBC. So it works both ways. Now a Residency Rate is showing for E2-D1's and I could have gotten back into a D1 for free, but didn't want to lose my hump cabin.

I just did this a bit ago and paid the difference only. Was done through a TA. I'm pretty sure the TA charges for changes, but I assume since it was more $$ for them, there wasn't a charge. I also had the OBC offered increased.

First question you ask a TA before booking.

"Do you charge for changes and cancellations"?

If they do, move on

There are plenty that don't

I had booked thru RCI, and I did this as well. They offered a residency discount that we took advantage of and moved from an ocean view to a balcony for about $200 difference.

:cool:Well Sand, you just made your first big mistake LOL, starting out with a balcony for first RCCL cruise. YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK. Notice that your cruise is Sunday. Have fun and report when you get back.:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

I am kicking myself so-to-speak this week :) My cruise is the 15th. I had been watching Junior Suite Prices with the intent to upgrade (we have a D3 balcony) when the price dropped a little more. The price kept coming down, further and further...It was at $549 for a JS Guarantee Stateroom. (We paid $449pp, so $200 total diff.) I thought..."it's come this far, lets see if it will come down any more before I upgrade"...

I logged in to check prices online...$949 for a suite a few days ago...no JS showing...darn! I "missed the boat" lol...pun intended!

Oh well...I have never had a balcony, and this is my 1st RCI cruise, so I am sure I will have a blast anyways...still super excited!

We were able to upgrade from a D2 to a D1 (at no charge, when the prices dropped after final payment) and then to a JS for an additional $200 (for both of us). It helps to have a responsive TA--ours was great, it was always "no problem" to make changes to our reservation!

Archived