Epic Late leaving Cozumel Nov 4

time2cruise1

Henry,

I have never doubted that the Epic could not move forward with sufficeint power.

Let me try this a with a little different choice of words: The Epic does not appear to have sufficent thrusters to move off a dock in windy conditions.I hope this is a clearer.

Please name a ship that has sufficient thruster power to move sideways at over 50 miles per hour? :confused:

PE

You're like the 4th person on this cruise that told me she was suffering from a hangover that day. Gosh, I missed a good party the night before didn't I!!!

It was definitely a good party in Cozumel--me, Nicole's sisters & BF did the beach bar hop, then ended up at Carlos n' Charlies. I was so surprised when I woke up at 10:30 pm (after passing out) to find we were still in Cozumel.:)

Henry,

I have never doubted that the Epic could not move forward with sufficeint power.

Let me try this a with a little different choice of words: The Epic does not appear to have sufficent thrusters to move off a dock in windy conditions.I hope this is a clearer.

Please name a ship that has sufficient thruster power to move sideways at over 50 miles per hour? :confused:

PE

We were on the QM2, returning to New York, on a windy day. The captain advised the passengers that if the wind speed was more than 30 knots he would not be able to dock, as a the ship is like a giant sail when the wind is abeam.

No doubt the QM2 is another ship with underpowered thrusters. ;)

We were on the QM2, returning to New York, on a windy day. The captain advised the passengers that if the wind speed was more than 30 knots he would not be able to dock, as a the ship is like a giant sail when the wind is abeam.

No doubt the QM2 is another ship with underpowered thrusters. ;)

NJHorseman,

I did not realize we discussing the ability to dock a ship in high winds. I thought we were discussing the ability to leave a dock in high winds. Sorry for any confusion regarding the topic at hand.:confused:

PE,

Good question. Maybe this week-end I can do an internet search and see if I can find an ansewer for you. If you find and can document the answer to the quetion, I would love to hear from you.:cool:

Have a nice Friday Gentlemen.

NJHorseman,

I did not realize we discussing the ability to dock a ship in high winds. I thought we were discussing the ability to leave a dock in high winds. Sorry for any confusion regarding the topic at hand.:confused:

PE,

Good question. Maybe this week-end I can do an internet search and see if I can find an ansewer for you. If you find and can document the answer to the quetion, I would love to hear from you.:cool:

Have a nice Friday Gentlemen.

It's exactly the same issue...high winds abeam overpowering the ability of the ship's thrusters to move the ship in the direction the ship is intended to travel.

Archived