SUN Penthouse Perks

RaMar

Never booked a penthouse suite before and was wondering what perks are included. I believe that I read that the Sun doesn't have Cagney's. If anyone has had a penthouse on the Sun I'd love to hear from you. Thanks,

If you're lucky you might have Fernando as your butler. He was fantastic!:D He really knows how to spoil you. Once he found out that my dh and dd had to eat gluten free he made sure that at least one plate of the daily snacks had gluten free items on it. Like chocolate chip cookies, flans flourless cakes, just to name a few things. My dd told him about mine and dh's anniversary so when we came back from dinner that night there were balloons and streamers decorating the living room. And there was a huge decorated gluten free chocolate cake. I ate a piece of it, it really was good. Even though my dd and her friend had their own cabin Fernando still made sure that he brought enough snacks for all 4 of us. You are really going to enjoy yourselves. Have a good trip,

Sue

If you're lucky you might have Fernando as your butler. He was fantastic!:D He really knows how to spoil you. Once he found out that my dh and dd had to eat gluten free he made sure that at least one plate of the daily snacks had gluten free items on it. Like chocolate chip cookies, flans flourless cakes, just to name a few things. My dd told him about mine and dh's anniversary so when we came back from dinner that night there were balloons and streamers decorating the living room. And there was a huge decorated gluten free chocolate cake. I ate a piece of it, it really was good. Even though my dd and her friend had their own cabin Fernando still made sure that he brought enough snacks for all 4 of us. You are really going to enjoy yourselves. Have a good trip,

Sue

I wonder if this is the same Fernando who was our Butler on our Star Honeymoon! Did he make a joke about Fernando's Hideaway when he introduced himself? He is a doll!

I wonder if this is the same Fernando who was our Butler on our Star Honeymoon! Did he make a joke about Fernando's Hideaway when he introduced himself? He is a doll!

I don't remember him making that kind of joke, but he did say he was married and had children. And I do have this picture, maybe you will remember if it is him or not. But he was a doll!!

Sue

m_fernando.jpg.f3cdbfea4854ed821d0a448cf263a498.jpg

So instead of Cagney's (Which Sun doesn't have, it has East Meets West) you get access to the Italian Rest for breakfast/lunch?

Yes, we ate there a couple of times for breakfast and lunch. It wasn't bad. They had a small buffet with different sweet breads, juices and fruits. And then the rest you ordered from the menu. It was the normal breakfast items with a few things special thrown in. There was never more than a dozen people there whenever we went which was usually around 9am. Lunch was the same way, normal lunch items but a few things that wouldn't be on the main dining room menus. The food was usually pretty good and the service seemed a little faster, I imagine because of less people needing to be served.

Sue

We have sailed on penthouses since the Sun, and are sailing an AC penthouse in a couple of weeks on her (the same one we had the first time lol!)

You'll love the perks~~you also get a concierge to help with shore ex, dinner reservations, priority disembark at ports, etc.

Our butlers have always been excellent excepting the last one on the Pearl last year. I think it was because he was over worked though~~~Fernando looks like a nice guy; looking forward to meeting him:)

Oh also I can tell you that if you want to dine in the free dining rooms...your concierge can book that for you also, just say what time and show up and you get ahead of the line and seated immediately!

Enjoy that penthouse!!

I believe the Sun is scheduled to be drydocked in January. There are suppose to be many changes to her during that period. Please keep us informed. :)

It was quite wonderful already, can't wait to see the changes...

I was in an Aft AC and I was bummed that it did not include the Lavazza. Add that alone and I am happy!

• 3 weeks later...
I don't remember him making that kind of joke, but he did say he was married and had children. And I do have this picture, maybe you will remember if it is him or not. But he was a doll!!

Sue

[ATTACH]174465[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much for taking the time to post that. Seeing his smiling face brought back so many nice memories!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post that. Seeing his smiling face brought back so many nice memories!

We are headed to FL for a B2B on the Sun, leaving December 4th.

We cruised on the Sun last year from San Francisco in a suite, with Orlando as our butler...and what everyone says is true - once you have experienced the suite life, you can't go back.

There wasn't anything we asked for that wasn't provided...bottled water, coffee, half and half for the coffee....

And Il Adagio for breakfast and lunch was great. Breakfast is basically anything you want...and if you like bread, shrimp and scallops for lunch, you will be fine :). I am sure you will enjoy the perks.

If you're lucky you might have Fernando as your butler.
[ATTACH]174465[/ATTACH]
That's the Fernando who was on board for the 6 November week. He was great - the best butler that we have had on any of our suite trips.

Perhaps the best thing was planning our balcony drinks party. He's the only butler who's suggested bringing us some free nibbles instead of trying to get us to buy everything off the room service canapes menu. And he then had no problem organising all the equipment for us to serve the endless bottles of free ship "champagne" that we'd acquired between us. Definitely a man who thinks how to help the passenger. Excellent.

Archived