WWYD: 12:01 PM flight into MIA or 10:00 AM arrival into FLL

Scarlette

Trying to book some flights. Flying into FLL is about $30 a person cheaper (4 tickets) than into MIA, with arrival time into FLL at 10:00 AM on the day the cruise is departing. The first arrival time into MIA is 12:01 PM. We are on the Liberty of the Seas, she departures the port at 4:30 PM. Should I just book my flights straight into MIA even though the first flight doesn't arrive until a little after 12:00 PM?

We cannot fly in the day before.

Trying to book some flights. Flying into FLL is about $30 a person cheaper (4 tickets) than into MIA, with arrival time into FLL at 10:00 AM on the day the cruise is departing. The first arrival time into MIA is 12:01 PM. We are on the Liberty of the Seas, she departures the port at 4:30 PM. Should I just book my flights straight into MIA even though the first flight doesn't arrive until a little after 12:00 PM?

We cannot fly in the day before.

I would book into FLL much less congested airport and more passenger friendly IMHO. It's a 20-30 minute ride to the port.

Fll is smaller but only has one runway which means that there are always backups and delays there. Mia has many runways and delays due to Mia traffic are far less common. Flying in the day of is always risky. Book the earliest flight in the day

I fly in and out of FLL about once a month, have for the last several years. I've never found backups and delays there to be any worse than anywhere else. In fact, the vast majority of my flights haven't been delayed at all. MIA on the other hand, handles a LOT of international traffic, and in my experience is total chaos, both due to the crowds, and the rather inefficient way in which you check in and check bags. I would vote for FLL and day over MIA, but YMMV.

Archived