Hotels in Papeete?

berniem22

This doesn't really answer your question, but we spent a couple nights at the Intercontinental on Papeete post-cruise last May. We splurged and did the over-water bungalow thing, and it was great! You owe it to yourself to at least check this option out... Also: we booked it directly and saved some $$$ compared to Princess' rate... Nice scuba diving operation on the premisis if you're into that...

my vote goes to the international beachcomber. we spent one night post cruise there, booked online direct with the hotel chain. it was much cheaper than the other two you mentioned and it is awesome. we'll stay there again next time.

Depends on what you mean by reasonable. We had a night at the Royal Tahitien prior to embarkation. It's a well-maintained 3-star, but it's on the opposite side of Papeete from the Beachcomber et al. So it's less touristy. Nice restaurant, pleasant place. I can't remember what we paid, but it was certainly under $200, but you have to add on a $20 cab ride from the airport.

If you truly want reasonable, there is a hotel downtown that KarenandDavid stayed at pre-cruise. When they return, they can post about it. It was very basic but was under $150, I believe. The Sheraton has decent rooms but they smell very musty and mildewy, which was distressing since we paid $300+ per night for our basic room there. Two other couples also said their room smelled the same, so I don't think it was just one room.

We were in Tahiti in May 2004. We booked a room at the Tahiti Beachcomber online for under $150 a nite. The room was wonderful. They gave us a free upgrade to a horizon view room. The hotel is really beautiful, the service great and it only cost us $6 for a taxi from the airport. You can also walk out to the main road and catch Le Truck for less. The hotel is very close to the airport. Mike

We just returned from Tahiti. We stayed at the Beachcomber prior to our cruise for two nights. It was an excellent hotel with beautiful grounds, pools, lagoon, etc. You should at least check out the prices for your time. We booked ours on line with a breakfast buffet included. The price will vary depending on the type of room and location. Depending on your budget, you should at least give it some consideration. You will not be disappointed.

I almost stayed at the new Radisson, but I changed by reservation after reading many positive reviews. I was glad that I did.

Good luck.

Beachcomber would be my first choice, it's a great hotel with a wonderful pool. We stayed there one night on our HM. My next choice would be the Sheraton. It's nice, but doesn't get as consistent of reviews as the Beachcomber. Either way you can't go wrong. Personally, I wouldn't spend too much $ upgrading to an overwater bungalow. If you can find a great rate, maybe, but it's not a must do IMO.

Archived