Alta Moda Hotel in Budapest closing in March

ann1bell

I was very interested in the Alta Moda Hotel in Budapest. It had fairly good ratings on Trip Advisor even with though many folks noted its growing pains.

I emailed them for information and got a reply that they were closing in March 2011. I am sad about that.. seemed to be a good value.

So I will still look for a well located hotel in Budapest that is not so expensive.

Try the Parliment Hotel. It is a newly renovated site with good sized rooms, huge bathrooms and excellent breakfasts. There is no full service restaurant, but the bar offers coffee, tea and bottled water until 5pm. It is a Best Western property. We were able to use points for our stay this past summer. Pat

We have just done Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise with APT and stayed at the Mecure Central on a street with only pedestrian traffic in Budapest while its basic it was so well positioned but you do pay for the closeness of the city. A five minute walk to everywhere was a wonderful city. Shirley

We have just done Budapest to Amsterdam river cruise with APT and stayed at the Mecure Central on a street with only pedestrian traffic in Budapest while its basic it was so well positioned but you do pay for the closeness of the city. A five minute walk to everywhere was a wonderful city. Shirley

I believe that is the Mercure Central. It is a European chain.

Archived