Sapphire mid-ship elevators - noise?

lovevacadays

Does anyone have experience with Emerald deck cabins that are right across from the mid-ship elevators? I'm wondering if there might be more noise because mid-ship elevators may be used more. I have a hold on a OV-partially obstructed that actually has a full window with no obstructions but it is right were the elevators are.

I have not been on that ship, but my experience on other Princess ships (and also as reported by others on Cruise Critic) is that you will hear no noise from the elevators themselves.

Now and then you may hear voices of people on their way to/from the elevators, but that can happen even if you are further away from the location you ask about.

I am currently on my second Sapphire cruise - (cabins E425 and E420) - and the elevators are not a problem. You can just hear the 'ding-dong' but it's pretty faint. Not even much chatter in the halls. I found E425 was opposite the stewards door and that this was more of a problem as they would often prop the door open and chat to each other when getting the carts out in the morning, but it was fairly brief.

I've had cabins right at the elevator areas several times and have never had a problem. As said, you can sometimes hear the elevator ding but it's not annoying. I've had far more problems with teenagers across the hall in an inside cabin.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your input. I haven't had problems in the past with noise as I agree Princess does a great job with their cabin and noise. Was just a little concerned about being right across from the elevator so if we finalize our trip I'll stay with the cabin I have on hold. It's nice to pay for an OV and really get a full oceanview. My niece is going to travel with me and she's on a strict budget so trying to get the best cabin for the best price.

Does anyone have experience with Emerald deck cabins that are right across from the mid-ship elevators? I'm wondering if there might be more noise because mid-ship elevators may be used more. I have a hold on a OV-partially obstructed that actually has a full window with no obstructions but it is right were the elevators are.

Just a few doors away from elevators.

The cabins are not right next to the elevators you have to go though a partition to get to them and there is no noise at all in that corridor.

I liked that area very much because it was just one up from promenade deck plus the steadiest cabin no violent rocking when the sea is rough like forward and aft.

Would take that position again in a heartbeat.:)

Archived