Help in stateroom decision

PK4SC

I am presently in stateroom A618 on the Caribbean Princess and we're being offered C222. It comes down to location, location, location. I like the larger balcony but don't necessarily like the idea of being in the bow. What would you choose and why? :confused:

What itinerary? How much rough seas to expect might be a factor, plus total length of time on ship.

Also, is motion a big deal for you? If so, I'd stay closer amidships.

That said, looking at the two on the deck plans, I don't think its a huge difference in walk times to most of the stuff onboard.

What itinerary? How much rough seas to expect might be a factor, plus total length of time on ship.

Also, is motion a big deal for you? If so, I'd stay closer amidships.

That said, looking at the two on the deck plans, I don't think its a huge difference in walk times to most of the stuff onboard.

We are in the Southern Caribbean in mid January for 14 days.

Yes bigger balcony is nice but would not like front of ship. I'd hold out and see what else they may offer you. If the bow is not good for you 14 days is a long time. We're doing the same trip in April (14 days) and got the best rooms to our liking and marked them NO UPGRADE to make sure I don't get moved.

The movement is definitely worse at bow. However, the Caribe balcony you were offered is about 10 back from the front of the ship so you should be okay there. I was once second cabin back from the bow and it was rough. On our last cruise we were 12 back from the bow and had no problem.

I would take the larger Caribe deck balcony, especially if more than two of you are traveling together. It is really handy having the extra deck space.

This is our seventh cruise and we have always been mid-ship. I have not done the Southern Carib but have done western. I have just never been that far up in the bow.

Anybody know what the water tends to be like that time of year or is there no telling?

Archived