Aft Pool ... Coral and Island

pms4104

I noticed on the deckplan that the aft pool, near the Sanctuary, is labeled as the Sanctuary Pool. I surmise that means only those paying to use the Sanctuary can use that pool?

Also, I noticed a Splash Pool on the forward area of one of the top decks ... what is that and is it available to all passengers?

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, now that they've stolen the rear of the ship for the Sanctuary that aft pool has been made Sanctuary only.

The splash pool is basically a small shallow pool, hardly any water. I honestly barely remember seeing it, kinda in an out of the way place.

That's one of the reasons I won't book on either of those ships. I love the tiered aft decks on the Sapphire & Diamond with their pools, hot tubs, bars and easy access to the buffet. The Coral & Island could have been as nice but, on that class they totally 'wrecked it'... idiots!

We were on the Island Princess in April and absolutely loved the Lotus Pool. It was enclosed, so we never had to worry about it being too hot, too cold, too windy, too sunny, etc. and we didn't have to worry about being out in the sun too long or using sunscreen!

There were always plenty of lounges facing the floor-to-ceiling windows, so you could get all the views without actually being outdoors. The lounges are wooden (no metal or plastic) with thick, comfy cushions.

While the pool wasn't large, there were never many people in it, so it never felt crowded. Also, there are several spa tubs around the pool which are great.

Not having the aft pool or the splash pool was definitely no big deal to us.

Thanks to all of you for your comments ... we so enjoyed the aft pool on our recent Grand sailing and were looking forward to a similar experience for the Panama Canal, but there clearly are other options onboard. Does seem a shame, however, for such prime real estate to be reserved for those paying for added amenities.

The Lotus Pool is for everyone, right?

I remember the nice aft pool on Grand. Booked Ruby last year noting an aft pool. It turned out to be right under Lido, with lots of noise and gapers from above. Back to Celebrity. Solstice class has the most beautiful, uncrowded pools-Solarium pools with Glass dome. Look photos upon X site.

Thanks to all of you for your comments ... we so enjoyed the aft pool on our recent Grand sailing and were looking forward to a similar experience for the Panama Canal, but there clearly are other options onboard. Does seem a shame, however, for such prime real estate to be reserved for those paying for added amenities.

The Lotus Pool is for everyone, right?

Yes and no, the Lotus Pool is usually adults only, but I have seen children in it.

I remember the nice aft pool on Grand. Booked Ruby last year noting an aft pool. It turned out to be right under Lido, with lots of noise and gapers from above. Back to Celebrity. Solstice class has the most beautiful, uncrowded pools-Solarium pools with Glass dome. Look photos upon X site.

The older Grand-class ships (like the Grand Princess) have the same covered pools...

We asked about that. There were specific reasons why not, most of which apparently have to do with the bridge and how it is integrated into the ship. where radar equipment is located, etc (that's the kind of tan I don't want). There was no way to allow access to the aft pool without going through the Sanctuary without major structural changes (yes, there are stairs, but there are other access requirements).

The splash pool at the front is about 2.5 feet deep, and not heated, so it was not in use in AK, but actually looks like it could be a nice area to sit at in warm weather.

Basically, from what I understand it was the only place it could go.

I've said this before, but they should have put the Sanctuary on the Coral/Island Princess up front like on the Sun-class ships. Those ships have the same splash pool and the Sanctuary is very nice there.

We asked about that. There were specific reasons why not, most of which apparently have to do with the bridge and how it is integrated into the ship. where radar equipment is located, etc (that's the kind of tan I don't want). There was no way to allow access to the aft pool without going through the Sanctuary without major structural changes (yes, there are stairs, but there are other access requirements).

The splash pool at the front is about 2.5 feet deep, and not heated, so it was not in use in AK, but actually looks like it could be a nice area to sit at in warm weather.

Basically, from what I understand it was the only place it could go.

Bummer! :p Oh well, not like they would change it anyway... :D

I did not like the pools on the Sun Princess because they tried to make the small one beside the main pool the "adults only" one. Of course we have highly illiterate children and parents who could not read the signs.

We're going on the Island for the first time next month. I think I'll like the Lotus Pool's location.

The Lotus pool is a great pool, with lots of flexible uses and great amenities.

I did not like the pools on the Sun Princess because they tried to make the small one beside the main pool the "adults only" one. Of course we have highly illiterate children and parents who could not read the signs.

We're going on the Island for the first time next month. I think I'll like the Lotus Pool's location.

Archived