Carnival Live News Conference about Splendor at 3pm

Litewait

WC - totally understand BB... you nailed it in summarizing the press conference.

Just off Glory for 5 days to Bahamas as our 1st cruise with Suites. Spent way to much, but now know how to minimize costs where we can. VERY VERY pleased to see how Carnival reacted to this emergency and would cruise with them again based not only on our experience with Glory, but in how they have handled the Splendor.

ONLY suggestion, and would love others to put holes in it, is given the food/no refrig, if in charge, I would have had all the room stewards to Kitchen. Then would have delivered "food/water" kits to the room each day based on number of people in room. The stewards can't do more than make up the beds (no laundry, no fresh towels/sheets), so the time would have been better served to help deliver to rooms food/water/rations instead of making guest go to one location and stand in line for 2 hours as reported.

For example - Delivered to room -

AKA, Balcony Suite - 3 people = 3 large bottles of water (1.5 liters each), 3 packets of PopTarts, 3 cans of Spam, 6 pieces of fruit (assorted), 3 butter dishes of peanut butter, 3 butter dishes of jelly, and one loaf of bread with utensils. (or something like this)

This would have saved the disabled/invalid/diabetic people from having to wait 2 hours for rations and traveling to the Lido deck and people hoarding food without knowing if they really needed it.

IN addition to this, they could have had bar, water, snacks available on one deck (aka Lido), but would have saved the passengers the stress and wait time to make sure 3,000+ passengers showing up at one area got their provisions. If initiated immediately, people would have felt taken care of and anyone showing up would just be getting extras.

This is the only hindsight suggestion I have for Carnival. Otherwise, it seems they have done a good job on the outside looking in so far.

I was under the impression from what I read that the inside cabins are completely dark given there’s no electricity, so you’d be delivering things to many empty cabins.

Also, from the phone interview on CNN with one passenger on board, it’s somewhat stuffy and smelly in some of the hallway and cabins, which is probably why some people don’t want to sleep in their rooms, so your method of distribution may not work.

However, that’s not to say they couldn’t have had more distribution stations/points on the upper decks. We won’t know a lot of the details until people disembark.

WC - totally understand BB... you nailed it in summarizing the press conference.

Just off Glory for 5 days to Bahamas as our 1st cruise with Suites. Spent way to much, but now know how to minimize costs where we can. VERY VERY pleased to see how Carnival reacted to this emergency and would cruise with them again based not only on our experience with Glory, but in how they have handled the Splendor.

ONLY suggestion, and would love others to put holes in it, is given the food/no refrig, if in charge, I would have had all the room stewards to Kitchen. Then would have delivered "food/water" kits to the room each day based on number of people in room. The stewards can't do more than make up the beds (no laundry, no fresh towels/sheets), so the time would have been better served to help deliver to rooms food/water/rations instead of making guest go to one location and stand in line for 2 hours as reported.

For example - Delivered to room -

AKA, Balcony Suite - 3 people = 3 large bottles of water (1.5 liters each), 3 packets of PopTarts, 3 cans of Spam, 6 pieces of fruit (assorted), 3 butter dishes of peanut butter, 3 butter dishes of jelly, and one loaf of bread with utensils. (or something like this)

This would have saved the disabled/invalid/diabetic people from having to wait 2 hours for rations and traveling to the Lido deck and people hoarding food without knowing if they really needed it.

IN addition to this, they could have had bar, water, snacks available on one deck (aka Lido), but would have saved the passengers the stress and wait time to make sure 3,000+ passengers showing up at one area got their provisions. If initiated immediately, people would have felt taken care of and anyone showing up would just be getting extras.

This is the only hindsight suggestion I have for Carnival. Otherwise, it seems they have done a good job on the outside looking in so far.

I understand that since there were no lights ... this may be a logistical problem to do ship wide...

HOWEVER, that would be a very good suggestion to do that with those who have mobility or other health issues !!

Well done. I'm just wondering given how Carnival handled this whether their business will go up, or go down.

I haven't heard of anyone canceling a cruise they've already booked. Nor, have I heard anyone say that Carnival handled this situation in any other way than good.

Archived