D1 Guarantee

CruisinKJ

I'm booked for an upcoming cruise on oasis and have a D3 stateroom. I've been eyeing availability of other staterooms since booking and I've just noticed that they opened up a D1 guarantee. However, I don't even remember seeing a D1 available when I booked my cabin nor subsequent times when I've checked availability. Does this mean that there are D1s available, but just not to choose from? I'm kind of tempted as I would like to get some extra balcony space, but I'm also reluctant because of the uncertainty of a guarantee. Is there any chance that there aren't actually any D1s available and they'll upgrade me to a more awesome category? Haha, I know wishful thinking. Any input greatly appreciated!

I'm booked for an upcoming cruise on oasis and have a D3 stateroom. I've been eyeing availability of other staterooms since booking and I've just noticed that they opened up a D1 guarantee. However, I don't even remember seeing a D1 available when I booked my cabin nor subsequent times when I've checked availability. Does this mean that there are D1s available, but just not to choose from? I'm kind of tempted as I would like to get some extra balcony space, but I'm also reluctant because of the uncertainty of a guarantee. Is there any chance that there aren't actually any D1s available and they'll upgrade me to a more awesome category? Haha, I know wishful thinking. Any input greatly appreciated!

I've never seen a D-1 guarantee. Usually there's an "X" (balcony) guarantee or a "W" (suite) guarantee. But the description of the W is a superior oceanview, which is, as I understand it, incorrect. The W guarantees you a junior suite or higher. I'd go for that in the blink of an eye.

What date are you looking at?

I've never seen a D-1 guarantee. Usually there's an "X" (balcony) guarantee or a "W" (suite) guarantee. But the description of the W is a superior oceanview, which is, as I understand it, incorrect. The W guarantees you a junior suite or higher. I'd go for that in the blink of an eye.

What date are you looking at?

I've booked two type of guarantees with RC and X.

Cabin category in which RC will offer the gty in a specific cabin category like an L, G, D1 or JS. I've seen these offered as the only option or as an option along with a select cabins usually when there are very few cabins available for selection in that category.

There is also a class of cabin gty you mentioned, the W-suites, X-balcony, Y-oceanview and Z-inside with which you will get that class of cabin as a the lowest assigned. X also has an XC gty for Concierge Class balconies class cabins.

So if you book an E1 Gty that's the lowest category RC can assign you. With an X Gty only a balcony cabin must be assigned so you could end up with an Cat. E3 cabin.

Thanks for all the replies! This is for the December 4th 2010 sailing. It was a $50 per person increase for the D1 guarantee, so I just went ahead with it. I'd rather have the extra balcony space, plus we weren't really that excited about our old cabin as we booked late.

On a side note, typically how long does it take for the guarantee to be assigned? We're paid in full and cruise sets sail in 22 days!

On a side note, typically how long does it take for the guarantee to be assigned? We're paid in full and cruise sets sail in 22 days!

Assignment could happen anytime between now and when you check in. Check you reservation daily to see if one has been assigned.

Archived