Strangest design ideas on X

WineDown17

[quote name='Giorgi-one']Have been on Solstice an Equinox. Has a Celebrity Suite on Solstice (giant price drop 2 weeks before cruise) and a Concierge Class cabin on Equinox. In my opinion, the cabins on the S-Class ships are the weakest part of the entire design. They increased the size of the bathrooms a little but decreased the cabin size. Storage is really bad. Have to climb on the bed to use the overhead storage and no storage in the night tables (dumbest idea I have ever seen). The hanging closets are not quite deep enough for clothing and you have to climb over the bed or couch to get to the closet. Good bye "Leading Ladies"!![/quote]

I agree!

Also, when those raised basin sinks cease being trendy and are simply annoying, I think they'll be sorry they did that.

[quote name='Giorgi-one']Have been on Solstice an Equinox. Has a Celebrity Suite on Solstice (giant price drop 2 weeks before cruise) and a Concierge Class cabin on Equinox. In my opinion, the cabins on the S-Class ships are the weakest part of the entire design. They increased the size of the bathrooms a little but decreased the cabin size. Storage is really bad. Have to climb on the bed to use the overhead storage and no storage in the night tables (dumbest idea I have ever seen). The hanging closets are not quite deep enough for clothing and you have to climb over the bed or couch to get to the closet. Good bye "Leading Ladies"!![/quote]
I agree 100% (and enough of this talk about toilets - ick!). I have a hard time believing women designed these closets and night tables! They are a pain in the you-know-what. I do love the rounded bed corners, and of course the ship itself is so very beautiful, but the stateroom storage leaves alot to be desired!

[quote name='phoenix_dream']I agree 100%. I have a hard time believing women designed these... night tables! They are a pain in the you-know-what. [/QUOTE]

Oh, yes, a hearty AMEN! to this comment!! Those nightstands [in the Aqua Class and under staterooms - Suite classes still get real nightstands] are completely ridiculous, and in our opinion a waste of space. At least make them functional for something other than the phone and a note pad. :mad:

Many people use nighttime breathing machines (such as BiPAP and CPAP machines) and given the huge diversity of sizes in those pieces of medical equipment the S-class nightstands are worthless!! One of our machines won't sit flat and therefore doesn't function at optimal performance.

CM

Archived