Splendor, Splendor, Splendor Combined Thread

ChaylaT

While I could certainly appreciate the adventure of this for a while, the bloom would soon be off that rose, and frustration would set in. Me thinks this is the 'easy' part of this journey and even the hard-core enthusiasts will have their last nerve tested before this is over (they'll just handle it better).

Excellent point! While i would enjoy the time onboard, watching helicopters, etc....i would like a lot LESS being stuck on a bus for a long time!:o:eek:

Same here, as long as I have access to my cabin for clean clothes (or if this was the end of a trip, not quite so dirty ones), water to drink, something to eat and a balcony to read on, I could handle it. My wife would probably go a bit stir crazy.

Random odd thought, I wonder how many books were checked out of the library if they have one.

Hey Anna! Well, if something like this happens on our Hawaii cruise, we will be good to go!:D ;)

While I could certainly appreciate the adventure of this for a while, the bloom would soon be off that rose, and frustration would set in. Me thinks this is the 'easy' part of this journey and even the hard-core enthusiasts will have their last nerve tested before this is over (they'll just handle it better).

Yep.

They covered this on the Princess UST and I am sure the Splendor is similar in this respect. The Medical bay is one of the places that receives emergency power and has battery backups and they have plenty of space for med storage. In the event of an emergency, medical staff will store the meds and if needed deliver them at dosage times.

I assume they would have some sort of provision for this...but even with that provision it makes it potentially more stressful for those passengers.

This has however made me consider what we need to do in case of an emergency with my inlaws.

I am on pins and needles waiting for news on future Nov. cruises. Thank goodness I purchased travel insurance; it is a vacation-saver! At least I will not be out financially, though, for my DOD: yes! :D I need to make up a few of those lovely concoctions whilst I read CC today.

Anyone that has been through a hurricane has been through a similar situation. When Ike hit Galveston/Houston two years ago we were without power for over a week. We did still have a roof over our heads, but ate out of cans and bottled water. IF you had gas in your car (we did) it took forever to get anywhere because of all of the traffic lights being out. So while I can empathize with the passengers, I know that we would have been able to handle it.

The same place "kath00" got her information that the conditions onboard were really bad and unsanitary.... lol.

By using my brain :) 15 hours would have been morning until last night which was the last time the sewage was confirmed to still be an issue. 24 hours was from when I knew for a fact that the toilets were working.

So 15-24 hours.

ETA: And I never claimed I had some super sekrit knowledge. I was giving an estimate of a pretty big time range. even just 12 hours of no toilets or just 10 would be pretty difficult for a lot of people especially when you include all the other scenarios.

Anyone that has been through a hurricane has been through a similar situation. When Ike hit Galveston/Houston two years ago we were without power for over a week. We did still have a roof over our heads, but ate out of cans and bottled water. IF you had gas in your car (we did) it took forever to get anywhere because of all of the traffic lights being out. So while I can empathize with the passengers, I know that we would have been able to handle it.

You are comparing being in your own house without power compared to being on a ship without power with around 3,000 people:confused: Not to mention as some had already posted the wonderful ride home thru the border:D

Various news reports. Depending on who has reported, the toilets were up Monday evening (12-15 hours based on a 6 am start). There was another saying Tuesday AM - 24 hours)

the fire was yesterday morning. The toilets were working by last night.

where did you come up with the 15 to 24 hour guess??

Depending how far away they are from port, could it be possible they could rent a couple of tenders and get people off the ship? That might ease some people minds if there is a way off the ship

Depending on who and what you are listening to/watching or reading they are anywhere from 50 to 80 miles off the Mexican Coast. I do not believe, note this is my own opinion, that tenders can do a 100 to 120 mile round trip...

Joanie

You are comparing being in your own house without power compared to being on a ship without power with around 3,000 people:confused: Not to mention as some had already posted the wonderful ride home thru the border:D

I didn't say I would like it, just that I would be able to handle it.

This sure gives a whole new meaning to "a cruise to nowhere"

I'm hoping somehow the Navy assistance can somehow get them all some running water to at least use the toilets and be able to wash their hands

the crapper can flush, so theres no issues with the toilets

I'm hoping somehow the Navy assistance can somehow get them all some running water to at least use the toilets and be able to wash their hands

The toilets ARE working and there IS running cold water in the cabins.

Water and restrooms were working last night!!

Archived