Taking drinks back to your cabin

candfandm

Maybe for you, not for me. :rolleyes:

OK, you caught me --- maybe 15th or 20th...... Then I normally leave the drink on the nightstand anyway waiting for me when I wake up....... :o

OR, when wife looks at the bill and asked who I bought drinks for and then I have to admit that I didn't.........

Wrong direction.. you're supposed be bring a drink from your cabin. :)

I always get a couple bottles delivered to my room through the Bon Voyage dept. That way I also don't have to worry about bringing any drinks back to the room.. and possibly any spillage!

You can take a drink from the bar to your room or anywhere else. You can also carry a drink from your room to the bar and enjoy. The Zaandam to Hawaii last year, had a happy hour every afternoon about 4:30. Drinks were half price. Most afternoons we would buy drinks in the bar during happy hour and carry them back to the room. Needless to say, you couldn't get a seat in the bar anyway! Usually, we just carry a couple of bottles of wine on board with us. I believe we're allowed about 2 bottles per person.

Try one bottle per person.......

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

Try one bottle per person.......

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

I've done that, but it's a little steep for me considering I drink the cheap stuff like Bare Foot or Yellowtail. So save that for the room and purchase a nice bottle in the dining room. I cruise and learn..LOL

I've done that, but it's a little steep for me considering I drink the cheap stuff like Bare Foot or Yellowtail. So save that for the room and purchase a nice bottle in the dining room. I cruise and learn..LOL

I certainly understand. This time, I'm going to carry some on and just keep it in the room as well. Conversely, I've never been charged a corkage fee. We are not wine snobs so if you add the corkage fee to a $15 bottle, you might as well order a bottle onboard.

Problem with carrying your drink everywhere is you get used to it. Then when you get back home, you try to carry your drink out of the bar and go home......... habits be hard to break.

Archived