NCL Newbie Question

CruiseLover824

Hello to all you experienced NCL cruisers. I have taken several cruises over on Carnival and will be taking my first NCL cruise in the spring. My cruising group is excited to try something new.

My question is: Is there any reason to bring fancy/formal clothing when I cruise this spring? Carnival always has 2 formal nights on their 7 day cruises. If I understand the "Freestyle" cruising, there wouldn't be any need for formal attire. I also don't want to show up unprepared.

Packing for a 7 day cruise, with a 2-day LA stay afterwards, would be much simpler if I didn't have to throw in extra shoes and formal wear.

Thanks!!

Wendy

but on dress up or nots what is the break down of ups or nots

It varies widely, but numbers appear to be dropping over time as more and more avoid bring suits. Maybe 10-30% might dress up. Many in nice outfits, but not suit and tie level.

Especially with the weight limits and fees for luggage, it is so nice not to have to bring the tux, gowns and shoes.

It's also convenient not to have to rush back to be ready for a specific dining time.

The dress up or not is when they set up for photographs on nice backgrounds and to have your photo taken with the captain.

Here is a Freestyle Daily from a Dress UP or Not..day. (You can see other NCL Dawn FD's here.)

Archived