John - back in Enland

dec2007w3boys

I am happy that John is back in the UK with his family! The Nov 21st cruise is canceled, of which I was supposed to set sail on, now I must go with plan #2. :)

So sorry to hear Nov. 21 has been canceled. How did you find out? We are booked on the splendor for Nov. 28 I have not heard anything yet.

Ok, sorry *speculation* on my part... if the cruise for the 21st was to still set sail, then they would surely have the best CD in the business (John H) at the helm. I cannot see them having another CD cover the first sailing of the Splendor after such an event like they had (fire). We will surely receive emails in our in boxes tomorrow detailing or cancellation options, I wish I was wrong, but I don't believe that I am. I have had hope, but the reality of the situation has set in, and that has me online looking at all inclusive vacay's on dry land. :D

I looked at the list of topics and saw "John back in Enland". :eek: My apologies as it should be England, England, England.... (I make my kids write their misspelled words three times.)

Also, I would say it would be pretty surprising that given this, the 21st sailing would take place. I feel bad for anyone with sailings on the ship the next month or so. The unknown would be hard. I know I plan for my cruises almost a year in advance, so I can’t imagine the logistics of trying to replace a cruise.

Ok, sorry *speculation* on my part... if the cruise for the 21st was to still set sail, then they would surely have the best CD in the business (John H) at the helm. I cannot see them having another CD cover the first sailing of the Splendor after such an event like they had (fire). We will surely receive emails in our in boxes tomorrow detailing or cancellation options, I wish I was wrong, but I don't believe that I am. I have had hope, but the reality of the situation has set in, and that has me online looking at all inclusive vacay's on dry land. :D

John will not be on the 21st sailing. Carnival sent him home for 2 weeks. That was to be his last sailing in the Splendor, as he is needed in Miami on the 28th.

I looked at the list of topics and saw "John back in Enland". :eek: My apologies as it should be England, England, England.... (I make my kids write their misspelled words three times.)

Also, I would say it would be pretty surprising that given this, the 21st sailing would take place. I feel bad for anyone with sailings on the ship the next month or so. The unknown would be hard. I know I plan for my cruises almost a year in advance, so I can’t imagine the logistics of trying to replace a cruise.

Spellin is not a cruise critic requirement. Like dinner in the dinning room.

Hmmmmm, wonder what that could mean:cool:

I would guess (and that is all it is) that Jen Baxter will take over earlier than planned. She is currently on the Spirit....and so if she moves to the Splendor a few weeks early...her ACD would just fill in for her on the Spirit until Stuart Dunn arrives. (he is replacing Jen on the Spirit)

Spellin is not a cruise critic requirement. Like dinner in the dinning room.

And it is a good thing too....even IF I can spell it...doesn't mean I can TYPE it. LOL

(typing is not my first language...especially before my 12th cup of coffee) :D

Archived