Cruise Passion Question

cooncat

Hi folks,

I have an interesting question for you guys and ladies. We all have this mad passion for cruising. I just don't understanding how we got it. I know we all have been on many of them and we all love them. The emotions are either you love them or hate them. How did we get so hooked. I know this is some kind of subculture and habit that we have to keep on feeding.

Since there is nothing I enjoy more than being on a ship, boat, canoe, raft, etc. I have to think I must have been a sailor in in previous life. DH says I could have been a fish.:D

I actually prefer sea days just because I love being on the water.

Another reason I love cruising is being fussed over in the MDR by the attentive wait staff. Just can't get that attention anywhere else and it makes me feel like a princess. :rolleyes:

I have friends whose favorite vacation is downhill skiing - the more dangerous the better.

<shudder>

Chacun à son goût.

Well to each his own in most facets of life not just vacations. . Most of my friends are cruisers, though my own sister refuses. She is afraid she will be bored. lol Well she is a PITA so I guess it is good she doesn't come along.:rolleyes::D

One of the main things I like about cruising is you can do everything or nothing at all. There seems to be something for everyone. For me, it's also about being at sea. I would be extremely happy to take a 7-day cruise to nowhere... just to be on the ship. I also love the fact that everything is right there. I don't have to drive anywhere else to go to dinner, I don't have to drive anywhere to be entertained, etc. Plus, I don't have to shop, cook, or clean for an entire week! :D

Knowing how much I enjoy sea days, I think my next cruise (after the Allure) will have to be a trans-Atlantic... :)

It took 8 years of marriage before I convinced DH to take a cruise... he was afraid he'd be bored, too. Good thing I started him off on the Explorer of the Seas! :)

The phone doesn't ring, my bed makes itself, and there's no work to be done. Well, except working on my tan!

I am finding that the port days can be tiring, getting up, run around the island and back to the ship ontime. Now that we've done both Western and Eastern and are now repeating ourselves, We no longer feel the need to rush off the ship or even get off the ship in some cases.

If you ask my DS (6yo) if he'd rather go to Disney or on a cruise, he will immediately say cruise!

I toured my first cruise ship when I was 15 (in the old days when regular folks could go aboard before sailing; my family had driven my brother and SIL to the old Cunard Oceanic) and vowed I'd sail one day.

It took almost 40 years, but we finally took our first cruise in 2004 and have cruised once each year since. The funny part was that the first cruise was kind of underwhelming (just with the ship, not the experience), but I was anxious to try again.

I love the spoiling and the service. :D I'm normally the vacation chief -- where do we go, where do we eat, etc., etc. This way I just have to show up. And DH loves it because work can't contact him! He's spent too many vacation days on conference calls. I'm sure that will happen when we're in Disney World next month. :cool:

Rather hooked after my first cruise on Granduer many moons ago. Hard to explain. I miss my animals very much but yet venture out there ever year for a week. While at home I boat, kayak and get on the water every chance I can. It's in my heart. Scandanavian at heart. Blame it on my viking ancestors ;)

It took a lot of convincing to get my husband on a cruise ship. Although he loves being on the water because he is an avid fisherman, he thought he would be bored. My mom went on her first cruise when she turned 60 and she loved it. So I said "honey, please let try it, mom had a blast." So he said "oh alright, this better not be a waste of our money." Well the rest is history.... when we went on our first cruise (in our 30s). Now he gets mad when I don't book a cruise.:D He just couldn't believe all the activites, food, different islands and relaxing on the cruise balcony falling asleep.:D.....all at a good price.

One of the main things I like about cruising is you can do everything or nothing at all. There seems to be something for everyone. For me, it's also about being at sea. I would be extremely happy to take a 7-day cruise to nowhere... just to be on the ship. I also love the fact that everything is right there. I don't have to drive anywhere else to go to dinner, I don't have to drive anywhere to be entertained, etc. Plus, I don't have to shop, cook, or clean for an entire week! :D

Knowing how much I enjoy sea days, I think my next cruise (after the Allure) will have to be a trans-Atlantic... :)

It took 8 years of marriage before I convinced DH to take a cruise... he was afraid he'd be bored, too. Good thing I started him off on the Explorer of the Seas! :)

coast2coast .. I agree with all your points. My wife has been sea sick on all but one of our cruises but still is as hooked as I am. We too love the sea days and would love a 7, 10 or 14 day cruise to nowhere.

Archived