Age Discrimination

WendyJo

Why did TA say it would cost us extra if we were age 70 or over? Is this a standard cruiseline rule or just the TA?

I suspect TA is including insurance, some of which sets rates according to age. Indeed, many times, cruise lines offer discounts for seniors, usually a couple of months before sailing time.

First, ask the TA why she is suggesting the cost is higher based on your age. The cruise fare is the same if you are 7 mos or 70 years. I always purchase travel insurance. Travel insurance is higher because it's based on age and cost of the cruise and airfare. If you get an answer that involves anything other than travel insurance you need a new TA. The insurance is optional and I always purchase it outside the cruiseline or TA, just to avoid any conflict of interest if I file a claim. She should have explained the cost.

What cruise line? Are you sure your TA is reputable? I'd hate to think any possibility of a 'senior scam' by a less than honorable TA.

I agree the insurance issue is the only legitimate reason I can think of.

Archived