Help please...barclay HAL credit card points

Does anyone have the number to call when redeeming points from their HAL credit card? I did this last year prior to my cruise and it worked smoothly but I can't find the phone number now...either in my notes or on the credit card statement.

Marcia

Contact Us

Here's the info off the site:

Questions about your Holland America Line Points - please contact us at 1-866-922-7673.

Questions about your Holland America Line Rewards Visa card account - please return to the Holland America Line Rewards Visa card servicing website. That browser window should still be open unless you specifically closed it. There you may perform the following functions:

We look forward to helping you get the most enjoyment and value from your Holland America Line Rewards Visa card !

• 1 month later...

I purchased two beverage cards for a 21 day cruise. The first one was a card, then there was a $50 credit on my account.

Unfortunately, it seems to cost MORE to use the barclay credits than cash out of the pocket. The Beverage card is $45, but you use $50 credit. PG is $20 but you use $25.

However, if you book something, for example the cooking class, and can't use it, they do credit the money back to your on board account.

Miriam

I purchased two beverage cards for a 21 day cruise. The first one was a card, then there was a $50 credit on my account.

Unfortunately, it seems to cost MORE to use the barclay credits than cash out of the pocket. The Beverage card is $45, but you use $50 credit. PG is $20 but you use $25.

However, if you book something, for example the cooking class, and can't use it, they do credit the money back to your on board account.

Miriam

I've noticed that too, one reason I've never used our credits for dinner in the PG. But we have used the credits for things like excursions and other things that match up dollar to dollar. It's great at the end of the cruise to see all those credits on your final bill. :D

I think the best value is if you can take 40,000 points and apply it as a $500 discount on the cruise cost. It's better than 1 to 1.

I feel the same way you do. We only use our points to apply for a discount on the cruise.

Archived