Concierge Lounge questions

JohnKen3

Is the Concierge Lounge likely to have a WiFi hotspot?

We will be on the Jewel and we are right next to the Lounge and was hoping to pickup a signal our room.

I also read about pre-order dinner wine at the Lounge. Is there any advantage to doing this like? Will the dinner menu also be available at the Lounge since we do would prefer to see whats for dinner before ordering the wine.

the dinner menu will be in your room daily with the cruise compass. Sorry can't help with the wine question. Happy Cruising.

It will? I have never had the dinner menu in my cabin with the Cruise Compass.

Wachu talkin' 'bout, Willis? :confused:

Even if the concierge lounge is a wi-fi hotspot you probably won't be able to access the internet from your cabin. I know that on my last cruise, even though I picked up the signal from the hotspot in the library, I could never get connected.

Just got off the Liberty and there was nothing stating it was wifi capable. It really wasn't that kinda place, if you know what I mean. Really just meant to kick back and have a drink. I suppose if someone had brought there laptop it wouldn't have seemed completely out of place, but the concierge is usually more than willing to look up anything you need. It's more of a place to be tended to.

The dinner menu is available for viewing in the Lounge, yes. Also, I don't know about any pre-ordering of wine in there, but you can go in and have complimentary wine :D We always had a glass in there and then a glass to go (they put it in another cup). This saved us on average about $35 per night even after we tipped them well.

I take it you are in GS suite 1052.

You will recieve the MDR menu daily,if you ask as you can have your meals in the room.

There will be a book with all the extra Suite perks in the cabin on arrival.

The Cs lounge offers free drinks 5 till 830 and if like the Brilliance has two internet points but it is a small room.

Charges were $0.65 a minute.

People were using their lap top computers in the Yacht Club next door on the Brilliance.

Be Warned cabin 1052 balcony can be seen from the lounge.

Hope it helps

G

We will be on the Jewel and we are right next to the Lounge and was hoping to pickup a signal our room.

I also read about pre-order dinner wine at the Lounge. Is there any advantage to doing this like? Will the dinner menu also be available at the Lounge since we do would prefer to see whats for dinner before ordering the wine.

I teach online so have to maintain contact on all cruises. The strength of the signal in the Concierge lounge varies from each ship. I doubt you could pick up their signal and in order to use their WiFi system, you need to create an account first and agree on a payment plan.

Each day, the lounge has the nightly MDR menu and also for specialty restaurants. You can also ask your waiter for the next night's menu a day in advance. The concierge would have the wine menu and could help you with this. The other consideration is to look at the Wine Packages and see if they meet your needs.

Just got off the Liberty and there was nothing stating it was wifi capable. It really wasn't that kinda place, if you know what I mean. Really just meant to kick back and have a drink. I suppose if someone had brought there laptop it wouldn't have seemed completely out of place, but the concierge is usually more than willing to look up anything you need. It's more of a place to be tended to.

The dinner menu is available for viewing in the Lounge, yes. Also, I don't know about any pre-ordering of wine in there, but you can go in and have complimentary wine :D We always had a glass in there and then a glass to go (they put it in another cup). This saved us on average about $35 per night even after we tipped them well.

I have been a Diamond Plus member for a long time and have been to many concierge lounges. I can't ever remember bringing a glass of wine to dinner, as there actually is a sign stating that you are not allowed to take drinks out of the lounge.

I certainly comply with that, after all, we are able to drink on the house for several hours nightly.

Don't know anything about your first two questions, but with regard to pre-ordering wine - yes you can. We do it all the time. They have dinner menus available as well as the wine lists. We would usually check the menu when we were in the CL for our AM capuccinos and order the wine. The concierge will take care of getting the order to the dining room and it should be ready for you when you get there. You'll get the bill for the wine in the dining room, or if you purchased a wine package it will be checked off.

Just off the Jewel on November 12th and no the CL is not a WiFi hotspot. The closest one is down on Deck 9.

We had 1554 (right off the Centrum) and I was not able to get a wifi signal in the cabin. Though I could sit in the Yacht Club right outside the CL and our cabin and pick up a great signal.

Have to warn you though the internet is very slow. I was only downloading at 11 versus my usual 54 at home. So those minutes got eaten up really quickly.

Susan :)

I have been a Diamond Plus member for a long time and have been to many concierge lounges. I can't ever remember bringing a glass of wine to dinner, as there actually is a sign stating that you are not allowed to take drinks out of the lounge.

I certainly comply with that, after all, we are able to drink on the house for several hours nightly.

I didn't say I took it to dinner. I bought a bottle of wine nightly at dinner that we shared with those in our group who were a little younger, and on a little tighter budget ;) My folio is generally not for the faint of heart, and I didn't get the upgrade fairy on the suite... I think they made out ok.

We didn't even hit the Lounge until Thursday. The way it came up was I went up and grabbed a couple of pieces of fruit as we were about to leave and when I turned around they'd come up and topped off my glass. I said I was about to leave and apologized for the waste of wine. The bartender said I just couldn't take the glass out, but he could put it in a paper cup. I grew up on rice and beans. Paper cups don't bother me :o After that they did it without my asking when they saw we were about to leave. We were usually only in there about 15-20 minutes and even with the to-go drink only 2 drinks per night a piece. They were also being tipped well. I'm sure there's a correlation.

Was Mario still on the Liberty? He's the best

I can't ever remember bringing a glass of wine to dinner, as there actually is a sign stating that you are not allowed to take drinks out of the lounge.

Well good for you RGS...who cares that this other party brought out a glass of wine when they left. They are smart. Good for you that you complied!:rolleyes:

Was Mario still on the Liberty? He's the best

Yep, our favorite concierge yet! He is supposed to be off sometime this month for his time off; he was so excited to be able to spend Christmas with his family; had to miss his daughter's birthday which was during the week we were on (Oct 17). He had just found out that he was to come back to Liberty to do the transatlantic to Europe & would be onboard coming back to FLL. He loves Liberty (& really loves being a Concierge) & apparently is assigned for a long time.

Carol

Archived